Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3242 OOP (Vintage 49er Jacket)

Reviewed by:MaryDB

About MaryDBstar
WA USA
Member since: 2/9/08
Posted on:3/10/09 8:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Other Projects by MaryDB using this Pattern

Mint Chocolate Chick said... (12/19/10 12:54 PM) Reply
I'll definitely be looking for one of these patterns. I have an actual Pendleton jacket, and it's one of my favorites (but it's almost worn out!).
FreyaStark said... (8/28/09 0:34 AM) Reply
It's brilliant! I love it. It's also inspired me to make something similar, using a nineties pattern for an LL Bean style jacket in a tartan wool in my stash.
snowleopard said... (5/28/09 7:59 PM) Reply
Thanks, found this review via google while prowling for 49'ers, and have purchased pattern, fabric, buttons. Can't wait to pursue this adventure in 49'ers, and have started the search for the perfect pattern to do pendleton hipstitched pleated plaid skirts. No more paying a premium for vintage Pendleton. Thanks for the inspiration!
bananaoil said... (3/13/09 7:24 AM) Reply
I like your jacket. We're of the same vintage and this style appeals to me too. I keep trying to look at new jacket patterns, with peplums and ruffles, no pockets, bows, but this is the thing I've been looking for. Thanks.
MamaSewing said... (3/12/09 12:26 PM) Reply
What a fun project, I love how yours turned out--it looks great!
Laurie Lou said... (3/11/09 2:15 PM) Reply
Perfect Looking Jacket! and wonderful review. I was so lucky to find a vintage Pendelton at a shop (that fit perfect) but would like to make one as I see yours looks identical to mine! Great review and helpful tip on the sizing. I know the old patterns really run different.
Rhoda K said... (3/11/09 1:52 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous jacket and a great job matching the plaid! I love your colors as well as Pendleton wool. I had one of these jackets when I was in high school, a red plaid.
Kellie R. said... (3/11/09 10:30 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! I love the colors in your plaid, classic and bright and cheerful. It's lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing this on crisp days!
Woolygal said... (3/11/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Very professional sewing job. Congrats.
Woolygal said... (3/11/09 10:26 AM) Reply
Very professional sewing job. Congrats.
milo1000 said... (3/11/09 6:32 AM) Reply
I LOVE these jackets. I think your version is so much nicer than the ones they have now. Really wonderful and I love the collar.
MaryDB said... (3/11/09 0:31 AM) Reply
Heidi, I bought the pattern on eBay. You could try there or Lanetzliving.com; also look for Butterick 7044, which is the same. If you click on the thumbnail of the picture, it should give you a larger view. Thanks for the positive comments!
Heidi Ho said... (3/11/09 0:16 AM) Reply
Wow I am so jealous that you have a pattern for one of those. Where did you find it? I wore an old one of my mothers when I was a teenager even though it had a couple of small moth holes. I have been trying to figure out how to make one. Yours turned out beautiful. I wish the picture was larger so I could see it better.
sew2little said... (3/10/09 11:36 PM) Reply
My mother had one of these jackets--and I have seen the re-issues. Yours looks great!
Vintage Joan said... (3/10/09 9:48 PM) Reply
Very nice -- beautiful work on the plaid. :)
Em's Summer said... (3/10/09 9:32 PM) Reply
I remember reading your post about this on the vintage thread. It turned out great! It looks better than the Pendleton jacket! Very sporty and very pretty!

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2007-106

by: yummymummy...

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Sewing Workshop MixIt Shirt, Top & Tank Pattern