Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7615 (very easy vogue dress)

Reviewed by:drsue

About drsuestarstarstarstar
Member since: 11/11/03
Skill level:Beginner

Posted on:11/12/03 6:51 PM
Last Updated:12/31/05 3:21 PM
appleton78 said... (6/11/08 4:48 PM) Reply
OMGosh..your dress is beautiful. Congratulations on a job well done! Thanks for the wonderful review.
jr said... (12/31/05 8:46 PM) Reply
Oh, drsue- this is so pretty!!!
CarolynGM said... (12/31/05 5:18 PM) Reply
I can see why you were attracted to this fabric -- the beading is beautiful in the picture. The dress turned out absolutely stunning. Machines seem to know when we have a deadline to meet and get cranky.I'm glad you were able to revive it and finish up.
Frogstitcher said... (12/31/05 4:26 PM) Reply
Very lovely dress and fabric.
PhyllisC said... (12/31/05 3:43 PM) Reply
Sus - that is so lovely! I really like the dainty ribbon.
AuntieShel said... (3/5/04 6:50 PM) Reply
Great review--thank you for suggesting a zipper is not needed. I may rethink this one and make it up.
AnneM said... (3/4/04 3:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I was thinking that I might make it sans zipper. Would love to see that picture of your dress. I was also wondering how this would be as a top; let us know if you make it that way!
drsue said... (11/14/03 9:28 PM) Reply
I am in the middle of a major work related event. But after it is over I will get ny computer graphics genius daughter to help me set up my photo album. I do think that anyone could get into this dress without a zipper. If you use a stretch stitch for the waist seam or if you use elastic in the waist (sugggested by another review of this pattern) I don't think you'd have a problem. The waist line is not supper snug. The belt keeps it form fitting.
Sew it seams said... (11/13/03 12:30 PM) Reply
Sue, I would love to see photos of your reveiws as well. The patterns looks like they would be really nice.
Skymom said... (11/13/03 11:59 AM) Reply
Sue, I hope you can post photos some time of this. It's such an attractive, classic-looking style. About the back zipper: I understand why you wouldn't need it for the neckline, but do you think an average-sized person would have trouble squeezing through the waistline?

by: buttonandn...