Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 07-2007-112 (Asymmetric Blouse)

Reviewed by:sewistObsessed

About sewistObsessedstar
GA USA
Member since: 12/8/04
Posted on:3/12/09 10:35 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
nancy2001 said... (6/5/09 9:21 AM) Reply
Great looking blouse. Now I've got to track down BWOF 6/07 and make one for myself.
Ariadne said... (6/5/09 9:03 AM) Reply
What sort of pattern paper did you use? And what sort of markers to trace out your alterations? How did you know to alter the pattern at the bust? Questions, questions....it's a really cute blouse on you. I have that pattern mag, so I'm glad you reviewed it. I think it is such a stylish design.
doctorsirena said... (4/21/09 10:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I love the asymmetric placket and your fabric and buttons are perfect for the pattern. By the way, I was trying to look at the technical drawing for this BWOF pattern on the Burdafashion website and I think the month should be 6/2007-112 (7/2007-112 is a skirt). I have a similar Burda envelope pattern (#7770), which has an asymmetric placket and princess seams. Your review reminded me that I need to make this for spring.
digs57 said... (3/14/09 12:30 PM) Reply
A lovely & cool look! Your untucked version's miles nicer than the model photo in the mag which looks like she got her shirttails all twisted off kilter inside the skirt, tee hee.
amy in mpls said... (3/13/09 11:31 AM) Reply
Very cute blouse! I love the diagonal, and they great buttons!
JudiBee2 said... (3/13/09 11:26 AM) Reply
That's gorgeous. Many thanks for all the good information
bananaoil said... (3/13/09 7:03 AM) Reply
I like this blouse and thanks for the picture of the pattern. Looks really good.
kerrynw said... (3/13/09 6:11 AM) Reply
Very cute blouse. Thank you for your review.
Luckylibbet said... (3/12/09 11:52 PM) Reply
Great style and I totally ADORE the fabric, just am in love with the way it reflects light. Terrific marriage of pattern and fabric, great choices all around.
Patti B said... (3/12/09 11:14 PM) Reply
Ooooh, I love this blouse. Like others, I had forgotten it but it has a great classic, timeless style.
Sharon1952 said... (3/12/09 8:25 PM) Reply
You picked the perfect color and fabric for this pattern. It suits you perfectly.
wendlesue said... (3/12/09 4:57 PM) Reply
I really thought that was real linen when I looked at the picture. Love your top!
Elemenopeo said... (3/12/09 1:12 PM) Reply
Very pretty. It suits you.
Judy Wentz said... (3/12/09 1:05 PM) Reply
Very lovely top. jw
Judy Wentz said... (3/12/09 1:05 PM) Reply
Very lovely top. jw
MissCelie said... (3/12/09 12:38 PM) Reply
I have always liked this pattern! Great job.
EleanorSews said... (3/12/09 12:15 PM) Reply
What a striking blouse! You look wonderful in it ~ the lines and fit are flattering and the color is perfect for you. Congrats on a real winner.
Amanda S. said... (3/12/09 12:12 PM) Reply
Very nice! I've always liked this pattern as well, in fact I've bought the paper pattern from Burda. Thanks for reminding me how cute this is!
Seamingly Simple said... (3/12/09 10:51 AM) Reply
I always liked this design. The cap sleeves create a nice, strong shoulder line, and the asymmetric closure is so eye-catching. Your polyester linen-look fabric will at least hold its colour and be less wrinkle-prone than the real thing. Thanks for your helpful review.

Checkbook Cover Paper Pattern