Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7798 (Dress blouse and top)

Reviewed by:Andreahg

Sweater knit fabrics

bananaoil said... (3/15/09 9:54 AM) Reply
It DOES look cute...
Jane S said... (3/13/09 11:27 AM) Reply
Personally I think it's a flattering tunic style on you. Not too overwhelming with nice proportions.
Ann B. said... (3/13/09 8:28 AM) Reply
sorry, duplicate post.
Ann B. said... (3/13/09 7:45 AM) Reply
Andrea, I looked at your beautiful pic, clicked on the pattern, and decided that I really have to have one. Looking further, I was suprised that you were not satisfied. I think it looks really nice, giving you a nice trim midriff, waist and hip look. Maybe it needs to go into the magic wardrobe to mellow a bit. Thanks for the review.
Andreahg said... (3/13/09 6:28 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Joan, you're right, I forgot to mention the sleeve. The pattern sleeve curves up at the center middle. I just drew a straight line for the hem.
tr1c14 said... (3/13/09 1:24 AM) Reply
I agree with the other posters, this looks really cute on you.
Vintage Joan said... (3/13/09 1:03 AM) Reply
P.S. So, those are the actual cap sleeves from the dress -- you didn't make them longer? They look like "normal" short sleeves -- another nice surprise! One reason I hadn't bought this yet is that I was dubious about the cap sleeves (i.e. on me). Also I can see that the tunic is quite a bit longer than it looks in the drawing -- you removed 3", and for short me I'd probably remove 2-3" more. So glad you reviewed this -- THANKS!!
michellep74 said... (3/13/09 0:52 AM) Reply
I actually think this is pretty flattering--it gives you a nice hourglass figure. That seam under the bust makes your waist look really small. It doesn't *de-emphasize* the bust, but I really don't think this is a bad look for you at all. ;)
Vintage Joan said... (3/12/09 10:57 PM) Reply
I think it's really pretty -- looks flattering from the photo, too. I may try this one! I'll have to size up, too, but it looks actually nicer than I expected it would on a curvy lady. :)
kimmielovesparis said... (3/12/09 9:34 PM) Reply
I love your fabric! I also think you did a great job...your top looks super cute. Thanks for the review.

by: Jenny80

by: Lori V

Pamela's Patterns Softly Pleated Dress Pattern

Pamela's Patterns Softly Pleated Dress Pattern

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)