Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3691 (Parrots)

Reviewed by:denaria

About denaria
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 9/8/06
Posted on:3/14/09 8:44 AM
Last Updated:3/14/09 8:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Kellie R. said... (3/16/09 3:01 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and want to make one of the parrots for my sunroom! Your parrot is just gorgeous, cheerful and fun! Great job!
Debbie Cook said... (3/15/09 11:26 AM) Reply
This is adorable! I saw the thumbnail in the gallery and wondered Why would there be a pic of a BIRD, thinking it was real. Great job on this!
solosmocker said... (3/15/09 9:04 AM) Reply
Amazing bird! I love how it is perched on your furniture.
Elke said... (3/15/09 8:10 AM) Reply
Very cute and you did a great job!
Annette1 said... (3/14/09 11:39 PM) Reply
He's SO cute, and nice and BIG too. Does he talk? :o) You did a GREAT job.
BlossomKyle said... (3/14/09 6:01 PM) Reply
that's super cute! you did a great job!!
FurGal said... (3/14/09 3:36 PM) Reply
Your new "friend" is just darling. I had a big giggle when I saw it. You should give it a name, along with all the other ones you make. lol When trying to get DH to go along with an idea, it is always best to try and let it be HIS suggestion. That way he can never throw it back at you. haha!!!
Christas said... (3/14/09 1:11 PM) Reply
How cute!
CarolynGM said... (3/14/09 11:44 AM) Reply
What a darling bird! Love your review as well. Good luck convincing your DH to get a real parrot.
KathySews said... (3/14/09 11:17 AM) Reply
This is great
Luckylibbet said... (3/14/09 10:58 AM) Reply
So funny! Love your new pet, and thanks for helping me start my day with a big grin!
Izzie said... (3/14/09 10:46 AM) Reply
LOL! I love this! I showed it to my DH and he likes it too. We have an African Grey parrot and she is very entertaining. I guess I'll be picking up this pattern at the next sale, I had not seen it before. Great review!
birdmcfarland said... (3/14/09 10:40 AM) Reply
I am a bird lover, so I find this absolutely adorable!! You did a really nice job on the construction, colors, eveything.
AnneMarie60 said... (3/14/09 10:35 AM) Reply
Your colorful parrot is adorable! I must make one of these. I love your faux fur and the creative touches around the bird's eyes. I have seen my parrot peer at an object just the same way. You did a magnificent job! I have been owned by an Amazon parrot, Pierre, for over 28 years. I bought Pierre before I was married, but as soon as I met my DH-to-be, Pierre bonded deeply to him. I enjoy my parrot, but Pierre will only allow DH to handle him. DH never gave one thought to owning a parrot, but I had wanted one for as long as I can remember. Perhaps your DH should reconsider ownership of a lively and intelligent parrot. He may acquire a lifelong friend! Here is our Amazon, Pierre, sitting on Jim's shoulder.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/14/09 10:23 AM) Reply
EVER cute and pretty!!
okie2thdoc said... (3/14/09 9:32 AM) Reply
This is great! Much easier to take care of than the real thing;)
MB at YarnUiPhoneApp said... (3/14/09 9:02 AM) Reply
that's so cute, it's a hoot. Maybe you could have one perched on your shoulder as you walk about town? I'd just sew it to the shoulder of your coat or use velcro so it doesn't fall off. I'm serious.
Catbird said... (3/14/09 8:59 AM) Reply
I LOVE that little guy!! What a fun review. I wonder how DH is going to react when these bright little furry things begin to multiply and appear all over the house!

Other :