Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3122

Reviewed by:Lou.

About Lou.starstarstarstar
Posted on:11/13/03 10:27 AM

Hockeymum said... (9/13/04 11:03 AM) Reply
Wow..thanks. Great review and reading all the other posts I learned even more! I have just bought this pattern (my second attempt at making anything) and expect hubby, and both boys will want both sets!! Thanks again for the review.
CindyK said... (11/13/03 7:24 PM) Reply
I've been using drawstring elastic in all the "pajama" type pants I've been making. You get the advantages of both!
cindyann said... (11/13/03 5:12 PM) Reply
Isn't it fun to sew for men? They're so simple. :) My DH would never wear a top to bed, but the pants he would really like. Thanks for the review.
Lou. said... (11/13/03 4:20 PM) Reply
That's a good idea Deepika, luckily with him I got his measurements before, otherwise it would have been a nightmare. I expect to be making more of these next week!
Deepika said... (11/13/03 4:11 PM) Reply
Lou that is really sweet of you to make such nice PJs for your friend. A tip about the waist. All the men in my family (DH, my brothers in law and my Father in law) have lounge pants made by me and they all prefer drawstring instead of elastic. That way there is no need to guestimate the waist and it fits everyone :-)
Lou. said... (11/13/03 3:58 PM) Reply
Oh I forgot to say that the shirt was oversized, but if you look at the piccy on the pattern envelope it is too. My friend just called and he loves them :-)
Doreene said... (11/13/03 12:16 PM) Reply
Enjoyed your review. I too made the long pjs for my husband in a flannel that that looked exactly like the drawing. The top was very big made in his usual size(large). I would definitely make the top a size smaller next time, however as he only wears them on extremely cold nights, it may be a very long time.
CindyK said... (11/13/03 11:58 AM) Reply
I made these (long, long) for my husband about a month ago for his birthday and never posted a review. They were sewn late at night so he wouldn't see them. Fortunately, he doesn't look through my stash, only complains. I agree with everything and, like you, did my own elastic measurement. I thought the top was much more oversized than the bottom. I shortened everything, but that is my usual alteration. I had gotten a great soft Marcus Bros flannel from wazoodle a while ago specifically for this. It was a Davy Crockett theme. I am dating myself with this, but it was very nostalgic. Too bad he no longer has the fake coonskin hat!

by: georgieb