Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Saf-T-Pockets> 9900 (Brief Escape)

Reviewed by:Nancywin

About Nancywinstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/25/06
Posted on:3/14/09 10:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Rita K said... (4/7/09 10:53 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for a very excellent review with all the pictures! I have 3 of their patterns - this encourages me to make one.
Catbird said... (3/15/09 4:57 PM) Reply
Those hidden pockets are so intriguing. I think you did a great job and it will look nice and be useful at the same time. Hands-free is the way to go! I've had the Journey Coat pattern for years (at least I think that's what it's called) but I've never gotten around to making it. Maybe this will inspire me to get started! Thanks for the tip on sizing and I wish you happy and safe travels.
EleanorSews said... (3/15/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Your vest is nice in spite of your call on it being a bit too big. Saf-T-Pockets has been on list ever since I got an outdoors vest with all its handy pockets. It is the perfect travel companion, but yours is so much sleeker for plane or travel/sightseeing in cities.
Sewingmi said... (3/15/09 10:26 AM) Reply
It looks really cute on you, and I love the idea of all the pockets - they would be wonderful on a trip.
RuthieSews said... (3/15/09 6:01 AM) Reply
Thanks for this, I have one of the other many pocketed vests patterns in this series, though I've not tried it yet.....
Christas said... (3/14/09 10:45 PM) Reply
I have only recently heard about these patterns. One of these vests would have been so nice when my husband and I went to Italy a few years ago. Both of us wore tiny pouches around our necks with our passports and money zipped inside. These pouches were worn under our clothes. A vest like yours would have been much more convenient!

by: Marge99