Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1258 (Issey Miyake Skirt OOP)

Reviewed by:lizpalmer

About lizpalmerstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 11/16/07
Posted on:3/15/09 1:19 PM

jintie said... (3/19/09 7:26 AM) Reply
I agree with Moushka - keep the top small and close fitting - see the current Vogue pattern books for how a small top balances full skirts, shoes to wear etc.
moushka said... (3/15/09 8:13 PM) Reply
Your skirt looks very elegant to me. I think stsimon has a great idea about the pockets if they are bothering you. Miyake is always interesting and your fabric looks perfect. Keep your top sleek and I think you'll find you will get a lot of compliments. Sue
Athene said... (3/15/09 3:12 PM) Reply
A very interesting design which you are able to carry off very nicely - lucky you. I am aways intrigued by Mikayke patterns.
stsimon said... (3/15/09 1:59 PM) Reply
Bulk certainly can be a problem with Miyake patterns. I made a Miyake cape out of Irish tweed, and I looked like a walking haystack in it; on a NYC street, I saw a tall, willowy women wearing the same thing made out of a light raincoat fabric that looked great. Years ago, I suffered over welt pockets in a skirt for my daughter--they didn't add much to the skirt, and the bulk over the hips was annoying. If I were you, I'd slipstitch the welts closed and cut off the pockets.
Catbird said... (3/15/09 1:40 PM) Reply
This is so interesting. I like the way it looks on you (luckily you're slim and can carry off the volume perfectly). I'm a Miyake fan and just finished a coat of his that I'm hesitant to review because it's so odd. It is an adventure with an unpredictable ending when you dive into a Miyake design! I think it would be amazing in black crepe. By the way, I don't think your photo is showing up in the Review Gallery, so you might miss out on some viewers.

La Mia Boutique Taglie Forti 09-2012-109