Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3300 (Bra)

Reviewed by:cindyann

About cindyannstarstar
FL United States
Member since: 8/5/02
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:3/19/09 8:44 AM
Last Updated:3/19/09 8:49 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Dmd4106 said... (3/24/09 6:01 AM) Reply
Beautiful job!
Heatherrique said... (3/20/09 12:43 PM) Reply
Wow! Lovely undergarments....very nicely constructed!
Karen6790 said... (3/20/09 11:59 AM) Reply
If this set hadn't been photographed on a cutting mat it would have looked like a catalog photo. Very professional looking results - I'm sure you'll tweak the fit as you go along, but I would never have guessed this was your first try. Beautiful.
cindyann said... (3/20/09 10:09 AM) Reply
Thanks Creative1 and Sewing for Fun for your tips. It very well could be a support issue or perhaps an underwire that isn't the right size/shape.
arianamaniacs said... (3/20/09 8:35 AM) Reply
Your bra turned out so nice! I want to make some bras too, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet!
squirrellypoo said... (3/20/09 7:48 AM) Reply
I'm so glad I inspired you! These look absolutely fantastic!!
creative1 said... (3/20/09 2:40 AM) Reply
Well, w/o the photo only guessing - not enough support for the girls. Ttry to shorten the straps and /or the back. Also is the good idea by sewing for fun to stabilize the cups, especially the lower portion.
sewing for fun said... (3/19/09 11:16 PM) Reply
Suggestion from an experienced bra sewer...If cups do not give enough uplift, then I suggest stabilizing lower cup -perhaps by doubling fabric with stretch going opposite direction, and then increasing upper cup volume a little (in center front quadrant- or using a slightly more stretchy upper cup fabric. That allows "the girls" to be held up higher. Feel free to send private messages if you want more help. Happy bra sewing! It usually takes me three tries to refine a new pattern perfectly unless VERY lucky! Your bra looks great! Suggested websites: and Two excellent books:
Athene said... (3/19/09 10:59 PM) Reply
A very lovely high end looking set.
Erica B. said... (3/19/09 6:48 PM) Reply
I've always said that I would never make a bra, but yours is beautiful! It looks like high end french lingerie!
Peggy L said... (3/19/09 4:42 PM) Reply
Very pretty!
cindyann said... (3/19/09 4:38 PM) Reply
Rhonda, I have a hard time finding panties that cover my backside. I guess you could say I got "bootie" and it keeps on getting bigger. :0
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/19/09 3:19 PM) Reply
"I do have problems finding panties that fit..." What is it about RTW panties that don't work for you?? (I'm looking for what your patterns correct ;) )
nellc said... (3/19/09 2:50 PM) Reply
Very pretty set!
kim*brown said... (3/19/09 12:15 PM) Reply
Can I place an order???? :)
SewLil said... (3/19/09 12:09 PM) Reply
You and Squirellypoo are giving me a nudge to try this! BTW, my 4 yo asks why my boobs hang down. LOL Great looking set. Very inspiring.
Lauri Jean said... (3/19/09 11:09 AM) Reply
Are you sure you didn't buy these at Victoria's Secret and then take a photo on your cutting board? haha Just kidding. Fabulous job! I just might have to try this.
Rhoda K said... (3/19/09 11:02 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, but seems hard to me, too ;-)
nicegirl said... (3/19/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Lovely set! I don't care what you all crazy people say, it seems ridiculously hard!
marec said... (3/19/09 8:58 AM) Reply
Wow, you did a great job on this set. They are beautiful and I can't see where there is no match. BTW, gravity has done the same thing to me-darn it.
thirteenstitches said... (3/19/09 8:57 AM) Reply
Excellent job! I would never attempt to make a bra. Very impressive.

by: Sew Drasti...