Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> 1103 (PM Curves)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
VA United States
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:11/15/03 9:29 PM
Last Updated:11/21/03 6:07 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Danvillegirl said... (11/22/03 7:01 PM) Reply
The paper is thin enough for me to line up the crossmarks. I have not tried triming to the marks. I just keep the paper as it is and lay it over the other sheet lining up the marks. I then use Mono Aqua to glue down. The article on neckline binding was in the April/May 2003 Threads issue and if you go to their website they have a video also. I have a very cheap digital camera so the photo does not do the neck and arm finish very well.
Mollykat said... (11/21/03 9:40 PM) Reply
Which issues of Threads did you use for the binding technique?
LynnG said... (11/21/03 12:30 PM) Reply
I use the same software. I never thought of using the MonoAqua. Have it in with my notions. I have always been trimming my sheets to the registration marks and taping. It's time consuming. Is the paper from Wal-Mart thin enough to see through so you don't have to trim? Love the PM software.
Danvillegirl said... (11/16/03 8:33 PM) Reply
AnneM, I have no trouble piecing the pattern together after printing it. As MaryBeth indicated there are registration marks to help you line up your printed pages. I use legal size as well as an inexpensive banner type paper that I get at Walmart in a huge box for about $10.00. Lasts me forever. I also use MonoAqua and I like that glue very much. I buy at Office Depot. Thanks for advice on typing outside the brackets. For whatever reason I did not do this and I can see how it seems to run onto everything.
MaryBeth said... (11/16/03 10:44 AM) Reply
That's "MonoAqua" (not aquamagic, sorry), good stuff: I get it at Staples but other office supply stores have it
MaryBeth said... (11/16/03 10:14 AM) Reply
Anne, I use the same software and have learned that the pieces go together wonderfully using "AquaMagic", a "pen" type of glue that dries quickly. Each sheet has registration marks that help you to fix alignment accurately. Personally I have less trouble with my laser printed pieces than with purchased pattern pieces. I started out using tape and that wasn't too bad but for longetivity of the pattern itself the glue has more holding power.
AnneM said... (11/16/03 7:50 AM) Reply
One of these days I will have to try one of the software programs. Tip on writing the reviews: they are easier to read if you keep your typing outside of the bold areas (which are in between the brackets <> w/ the B & the /B inside). Did you have any trouble piecing the pattern together after printing it out?

by: Rosesred