Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2005-37 (Plaid Shirt)

Reviewed by:Meggie LuLu

About Meggie LuLustarstarstarstar
OK United States
Member since: 1/26/08
Posted on:3/21/09 5:36 PM
Last Updated:3/31/09 8:13 PM

Mahler said... (4/2/09 1:36 PM) Reply
Coool shirts ! Your brother must be so proud to wear them. What a great success you had with that project. Super cool ! P.S. I see that the male part of the family is has nice looking as their female counterparts I had seen before ;-) Amazing family!
nicegirl said... (4/2/09 10:18 AM) Reply
These are fantastic shirts! Your brother looks very happy with them.
Nana39 said... (4/1/09 10:01 PM) Reply
Great shirt for your brother. nice pictures of him and the car, you've made him 2 shirts now you will have him so spoiled you won't have time to sew for the other
Catbird said... (4/1/09 11:44 AM) Reply
Another great version of this shirt, and your brother looks cool and happy in it. It's so exciting that you got a coverstitch machine! Does this mean you'll be even MORE productive? :)
Kellie R. said... (4/1/09 10:04 AM) Reply
GREAT shirt! I love the use of contrasting fabric. The kid is cool beyond words!!! Great job!
nancy2001 said... (4/1/09 9:10 AM) Reply
The shirt looks great -- I love the way you flatlocked the sleeves. Congratulations on your new Coverpro. What a terrific gift from Annette and your parents. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.
Heidi Ho said... (3/31/09 11:27 PM) Reply
Cool shirts..I LOve the pictures with the Nova!
Christina Sonja said... (3/31/09 10:03 PM) Reply
These are wonderful shirts, your brother is lucky to have these one-of-a-kind garments in his wardrobe :)
Annette1 said... (3/31/09 8:24 PM) Reply
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, it took you long enough to update your review! Heh-heh-heh. As for version 2, I LOVE IT! I especially like the black with the Dale Earnhardt fabric, and that stitching down the arm. You realize, of course, that when we lived in Virginia, Richard Petty (Sr.) was driving Car No. 43 in PETTY BLUE, and my neighbors who I babysat for (three kids, 50 cents/hour, and I cleaned their house, too!) had a Mercury Cyclone fastback, white with red stripes and red interior. I LOVED THAT CAR. Of course, we weren't QUITE old enough to drive, so instead we walked to and fro (barefooted), and when we saw a cool car going down the road, we'd say, "VETTE: buh, buh, buh." "GOAT, buh, buh, buh." "ROAD RUNNER, buh, buh, buh." (My best friend's brother had a Road Runner.) I digress, but I STILL want a hot pink '68 Charger, and some day I'll have one! At any rate, Tyler's looking MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVELOUS in his new shirt. Now as for the CoverPro, the only question remaining is: What Pantone color ARE those knobs anyway? Inquiring minds want to know!
o3b said... (3/23/09 8:43 PM) Reply
Cool shirt! I like it better with the black and money fabric mix. All-over money fabric would have been too much. He definitely looks the part when seated in that car. You make me feel so guilty that I didn't sew much for my brothers and sisters when I was young. I'm impressed with all that you do for your family.
Secretsugar said... (3/22/09 9:29 PM) Reply
Great shirt! It looks like it fits him great and he looks so happy with it. What a great sister you are to sew something for your brother!
Pamaro said... (3/22/09 7:52 PM) Reply
Very nice shirt for a very nice looking young man. They say girls are attracted to money! The car's not too shabby either.
AnneMarie60 said... (3/22/09 2:34 PM) Reply
Nicely made. Your brother looks ever so handsome in his new shirt. Love the fun fabric touches and the fabulous topstitiching details.
eugenia123 said... (3/22/09 12:56 PM) Reply
Tyler looks absolutely fantastic in this shirt - like a movie star! Great job, love the stitching on the sleeves - it looks super-professional.
Debbie Cook said... (3/22/09 11:19 AM) Reply
What a fun shirt!
Catbird said... (3/22/09 8:33 AM) Reply
Wow . . . this is ULTRA cool! I agree with everyone about the perfection of using the solid with the print. Love the shots with the car and the sunglasses! Not only does Tyler have a great one-of-a-kind shirt, he has a great one-of-a-kind sister.
Diane333 said... (3/22/09 8:25 AM) Reply
quite cute and well done
Peggy L said... (3/22/09 0:19 AM) Reply
Great shirt - I love the fabric mixing and the cool sleeve treatment.
poplin said... (3/21/09 11:34 PM) Reply
cool shirt, cool brother and very cool sister
21wale said... (3/21/09 10:41 PM) Reply
What a fun shirt! And what a lucky guy - shirts made to order!
Nana39 said... (3/21/09 10:30 PM) Reply
the shirt turned out really good it fit real nice . he look's real cool in his dad's car
Puppy said... (3/21/09 10:25 PM) Reply
I love it! I think it looks even better combining the money print with the black, than it would have if you'd had enough to make the whole thing in the money print. He's got to love knowing he has such a great one-of-a-kind shirt!
pterion said... (3/21/09 10:03 PM) Reply
This is the coolest shirt! I think it was a happy accident that you didn't have enough to make the whole shirt in the money fabric - it is so retro and fun with the print/solid mix.
Em's Summer said... (3/21/09 9:25 PM) Reply
I like the way you blocked this mixing a print with a solid! And your DB looks soo cool in this! It goes perfectly with his cool shades, too! He is definitely MR. COOL and he is lucky to have a sister like you!
Heatherrique said... (3/21/09 9:07 PM) Reply
Wow!!!! It's Mr. Viva Las Vegas looking so cool in in his new shirt! Clever and stylish use of the "Money Talks a la Trump" fabric with the black! High Five (how about high millions +++) to a generous sister like you!
Nancywin said... (3/21/09 8:36 PM) Reply
How perfect is that? This cracks me up - leave it up to a Jr. Hi (or Early Highschool) boy to want a money shirt! it's definitely "cool" and I like the details you added to it. Nice job. - and how lucky your brothers are!
Sandi S said... (3/21/09 7:55 PM) Reply
Very cool - I am glad to see your review because I just got fabric to make one of these shirts for my littlest guy.
Rb2327 said... (3/21/09 7:30 PM) Reply
He looks so happy with his shirt! Great job, it looks really nice on him.
Edris said... (3/21/09 7:18 PM) Reply
That's a nice shirt. You get big sister cool points for this.
Annette1 said... (3/21/09 5:48 PM) Reply
WOW! The COOLNESS factor is SKY HIGH on this shirt, and the MONETARY VALUE is the same -- ha! I love the black combined with the print (nice designer touch there) and I REALLY like that STITCH on the sleeves, which I'll be expecting you to teach me, of course! I LOVE the picture with the SUNGLASSES in the NOVA. :o)) PERFECT-A-MUNDO!

by: julliams