Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3827 (One or two-piece dress)

Reviewed by:ClaireEmily

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Plus

AnneM said... (12/12/10 2:13 PM) Reply
That looks great, and I am really impressed with the difference the trim made. It really spices up the dress; it really helps the style I think. The dress looks great. Hope you are still wearing it.
ClaireEmily said... (7/19/09 7:29 PM) Reply
Thanks Freya. It is loud to me because I'm not used to it - I know other people are really into lovely prints, and you do great things with them, but they take some getting used to!
FreyaStark said... (7/18/09 5:57 AM) Reply
That's not a loud print! Prints come much louder than that. A lovely dress - breezy and summery. You should get a lot of wear out of it.
Athene said... (6/26/09 9:46 PM) Reply
Great fit - a very flattering look.
Gold said... (3/23/09 8:44 AM) Reply
Cute summer dress.
ClaireEmily said... (3/23/09 4:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the Simplicity 3881 tip. It does look a great shape! =)
Mary Nanna said... (3/23/09 4:01 AM) Reply
wow - what a great success, it looks fantastic! I think you've got a case of "I sewed it" but I hope you get to fully enjoy it in time. Now if you do plan to make a tiered skirt, simplicity 3881 view D is the one to make - the fitted basque at the top adds no bulk to the hips.. Looking forward to seeing whatever you come up with next!
Secretsugar said... (3/22/09 9:35 PM) Reply
This fabric doesn't strike me as busy in the least! It's a perfect choice for this pattern and the white ribbon really makes the dress. Lovely job!
ClaireEmily said... (3/22/09 5:48 PM) Reply
Thanks for your lovely comments everyone. I guess that this dress is just a little bit outside my comfort zone as it is not what I usually wear. But I will certainly keep wearing it! =)
Kellie R. said... (3/22/09 1:34 PM) Reply
Such a pretty dress. It looks very nice on you; not matronly at all!
KG2 said... (3/22/09 11:14 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress, I love the trim!
Rosebeee said... (3/22/09 10:47 AM) Reply
I love the white piping/ribbon! It really ties the dress together! Great job!!
Mahler said... (3/22/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Claire-Emily, the fit with that dress is very, very good. As for the print being to busy... oh, if I may say so, I do not agree. You look wonderful with that dress, It is not very busy. The eye is attracted by pale colours. Therefore, while looking at your pictures, it is the border that attracts my attention at first glance. The rest is subtle and beautiful. If you do not feel comfortable... only you can judge. You could wear the dress with a simple white or off white bolero. I think this dress is lovely and the trim gives it even more style.
Jane S said... (3/22/09 9:26 AM) Reply
Such a great summer dress. I like the print on you. Thanks for this review since I agree that the pattern picture is awfully uninspiring.
Judy Wentz said... (3/22/09 8:44 AM) Reply
You nailed it this time. Great dress! I think that the fabric is perfect, especially with the white trim. jw
TalyQ said... (3/22/09 5:08 AM) Reply
I think I want to get my hands on that pattern. I think you did a very goo job with adding the ribbon. It looks nice.
persevering said... (3/22/09 1:11 AM) Reply
Oh my! Just saw the cake too - how creative you are!
persevering said... (3/22/09 1:04 AM) Reply
What a flattering dress on you. Thanks for your review. My daughter talked me out of making this in the large cotton print I had purchased for this pattern ... How nice to see what you have done.
Izzie said... (3/22/09 0:27 AM) Reply
Cute dress and great review!
Josephine said... (3/21/09 11:56 PM) Reply
Very pretty, and the print doesn't look loud to me at all. I've had this pattern a long time - seeing your version makes me want to get to it. And what a cool cake, too!
Laurasews said... (3/21/09 11:55 PM) Reply
I think you should be very proud of yourself. I would be. this is a wonderful dress with your alterations and with the trim. You totally have an eye for what makes things work or not work.
Meggie LuLu said... (3/21/09 11:23 PM) Reply
CUTE dress!! FABULOUS fabric choice!! The dress fits you very well and it is also very flattering!!
Christas said... (3/21/09 11:17 PM) Reply
I really like the fabric and think it looks great made into this dress. It is very flattering on you!

by: cybperry

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern