Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8151 (Today's Fit Top)

Reviewed by:Sharonspils

Last Updated:3/24/09 5:22 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
lazyjgirl said... (7/14/11 5:51 PM) Reply
Good looking and very professional finish. The round back instructions are very helpful to me. I just bought the pattern, and will give your fit adjustments a try. Keep sewing and adding your reviews, please! Thanks
Bunny7 said... (6/22/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Just getting around to making this up and like most patterns wouldn't dream of cutting without first reading the reviews. Great looking 'T" on you and thanks for the great fitting review.
katie lynne said... (3/31/09 7:39 AM) Reply
Great looking T on you. You've achieved such a good fit. Thank you for the detailed referencing to FFRP. I learned a lot from your input--now I'm jazzed to use this pattern.
MareeAlison said... (3/27/09 8:01 PM) Reply
Sharon - I love your top. I had no success with this one, so I may have to try it again.
Sharonspils said... (3/24/09 6:49 PM) Reply
Taly Q, please don't take any notice of the FBA, this is the first one I have ever done and I started it using a very basic diagram and then when I got in trouble I dragged out FFRP and realised that it was a mess, however it did work. I didn't do a french dart just a normal bust dart.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/24/09 5:57 PM) Reply
I think we inherited the SAME BODY!! Thank you for your helpful hints!!
Heatherrique said... (3/24/09 2:04 PM) Reply
Superb fitting top!
j222b said... (3/24/09 12:21 PM) Reply
Wow! Thanks so much for the helpful alteration instructions. Love your top.
marec said... (3/24/09 11:34 AM) Reply
wow, gorgeous top and the fit is perfect. I have this pattern and am going to move it up in the line. Thank you for a great review and the references...even page numbers! You have raised the bar on reviewing :-)
NC Carol said... (3/24/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Nice fabric, very nice fit. Congrats!
chloeE said... (3/24/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Beautiful!! after i watched the FFRP and Thread fitting DVDs, I know exactly how you did your alterations, and I know how to do them myself. It's an empowering feeling. Congratulations on a terrific top and the great review.
TalyQ said... (3/24/09 8:21 AM) Reply
Well, apparently I am going to have to try mine again. I am curious as to your FBA. I see that you didn't slash through the existing dart? So what did you do with the french dart? Just drew new lines? Curiously I don't think I needed to do an FBA on this, but had to lower the dart a lot. I think I might have to make the sleeves wider like you. Great top. Wish my tops from this pattern would look so good. Thanks for the review.
Athene said... (3/23/09 9:23 PM) Reply
A really good looking top with a very nice fit.
AnneMarie60 said... (3/23/09 9:04 PM) Reply
AnneMarie60 said... (3/23/09 9:04 PM) Reply
Your top fits you beautifully. I have this pattern, but I haven't yet tried the plain T.
cecelia said... (3/23/09 7:38 PM) Reply
Don't you just love this pattern? I was pleasantly surprised when I made it. It looks nice on you.
moushka said... (3/23/09 7:33 PM) Reply
Looks like your alterations produced a perfect-fitting tee-shirt. Love the colour. Looking forward to more details as I need to make almost all the same changes to my patterns. (Your picture doesn't look in the least bit round-shouldered!).
Sharonspils said... (3/23/09 7:26 PM) Reply
Thank you ladies for your comments I really apprecaite them. I will try and get some photos together of the alterations I made to my pattern (these are my standard pattern adjustments) and edit the review.
RMJ said... (3/23/09 4:46 PM) Reply
What a nice fit!
j222b said... (3/23/09 1:39 PM) Reply
I also would be interested to know exact alterations you made for the round shoulder and all that follow on your list.
Nancy K said... (3/23/09 11:43 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. Terrific fit. This is my tnt t shirt and I have made it up with different necklines and into a cardigan. It is a terrific basic to have around
morzel said... (3/23/09 10:39 AM) Reply
You sure got those alterations for fit nailed - the top is perfect!! Looks great.
AngieC said... (3/23/09 9:20 AM) Reply
Love your top! The fit and fabric are perfect-
Peggy L said... (3/23/09 8:02 AM) Reply
Very nice! This is my TNT knit t-shirt pattern.
mssewcrazy said... (3/23/09 7:53 AM) Reply
Great top. My muslin last year was bad as I fooled with the front so much I murdered the pattern- didn't know much about fit alterations or the Betzina series at the time. I want to revisit it as so many like you made a nice shirt. What sort of alteration did you make to the front neck for the gaposis? I know now I also need to do some of the other alterations that you did. Maybe it will go better the next time.

by: Deepika