Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2946 (Oscar de la Renta blouse)

Reviewed by:lizpalmer

About lizpalmerstar
Member since: 11/16/07
Posted on:3/25/09 2:55 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

Michele19 said... (11/2/09 5:44 AM) Reply
I just stumbled on this review after reading your Chado R. Rucci review. I am just about to try making this top and your reivew was so helpful and encouraging. Your results are beautiful. I can't wait to start it now!
Mommy3 said... (8/8/09 10:47 PM) Reply
I appreciate your review. It does look a bit too low cut and frou frou for me but it is still so pretty. I think I will give it a try as you had such good results with it. Thanks!
Athene said... (4/6/09 1:10 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse and thank you for the very timely review. I just bought the pattern today and am quite excited about it. Like you I will need to raise the neckline.
carnelian said... (3/28/09 12:49 PM) Reply
janet said... (3/27/09 11:14 AM) Reply
The word for your blouse is scrumptious! Who would have thought that this pattern would be so fabulous--thanks to your many added special touches!!!
ALY said... (3/27/09 10:40 AM) Reply
Your blouse is gorgeous. My inital response to the pattern picture was the same as yours. Sleeves too big for real life, neckline too low. How clever of you to see past that to the potential in this pattern. I am looking forward to seeing your blue striped version.
CarolynGM said... (3/26/09 1:17 PM) Reply
This is beautiful. Your neckline changes worked very well.
DivaQ said... (3/26/09 1:08 PM) Reply
Yours is gorgeous! I like it better than the pattern view!
BillieJean said... (3/26/09 6:56 AM) Reply
Beautiful blouse!
Ann Smith said... (3/25/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful blouse. Thanks for your review and reminding me about this pattern that languishes in my stash.
glenj said... (3/25/09 5:27 PM) Reply
I love the flounces and frills,they're so girly.Nice work,I hope you enjoy wearing it this summer.
moushka said... (3/25/09 3:18 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse, I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it in the summer and receive many compliments. I love this pattern, too, and plan on making my own version. Thanks for the warning about the low neckline.
Understanding Interfacings