Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2009-106 (Drawstring Neck Blouse)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:3/25/09 3:13 PM
Last Updated:3/28/09 6:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
morzel said... (4/1/09 2:39 PM) Reply
Great shirts!! You look so stylish.
Sew4Fun said... (4/1/09 7:26 AM) Reply
Pretty blouses and great job on the pattern matching and placement.
Fashions said... (3/31/09 6:01 PM) Reply
Heatherrique, You are stylin' girl! It's amazing how different the same pattern can look with different fabric, color, and print.
Annette1 said... (3/30/09 12:10 PM) Reply
You look MAAAAAAAAAAAAAVELOUS in ALL of these tops! What a great use of ONE PATTERN, MULTIPLE LOOKS. :o) I really like your project photo collage, too. Bravo! :o)
Pamaro said... (3/29/09 6:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. This one is on my "to make" list. All three versions look so nice on you. Nice job matching the chevrons on the third version
Christas said... (3/29/09 10:04 AM) Reply
All the versions look so nice! I love your fabric choices for each top!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/29/09 9:56 AM) Reply
Love the third version, too! Not only does this style look great on you, your choice of fabrics and your orientations of the prints give your blouses miles and miles of style!
JEF said... (3/29/09 8:49 AM) Reply
These are great!
Heidi Ho said... (3/29/09 2:19 AM) Reply
Wow! You are rockin' out on this pattern!! Blouse #3 is perfect for a nice sunny day!
Sherril Miller said... (3/28/09 9:30 PM) Reply
You certainly have done well with this pattern. Those are some very pretty tops.
Vintage Joan said... (3/28/09 8:05 PM) Reply
I really like your sunny new yellow version, too!
Christas said... (3/27/09 6:55 PM) Reply
This looks fantastic on you! Great review!
Karen8320 said... (3/27/09 0:42 AM) Reply
Louella, this looks so lovely on you! The neckline is certainly not too low - it looks good in your photo - and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with the placement of any flower. It all looks good to me! I love the placements, though, of the butterflies under the collar. Very cute! The chocolate and mint version is also a stunner and I think a short-sleeve version to wear in summer would look fantastic. I love your work!
Dei said... (3/26/09 10:48 PM) Reply
I love this style of blouse on you, despite the risque neckline. :) Gorgeous!
Grammy Gin said... (3/26/09 4:05 PM) Reply
Love both of them...they seem different from the rest that I've seen reviewed. Thanks for such a nice, detailed review!
Stitchcakes said... (3/26/09 1:06 PM) Reply
This pattern is such a winner! I've liked every one of them. Your tops look great; the floral IS very upscale. You are the only one to notice the flower placement, I think. Love this!
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/26/09 11:43 AM) Reply
Great blouse - perfect print!
Jali said... (3/26/09 11:00 AM) Reply
I don't see any flower placement issues. I see a very pretty blouse which looks perfect for the lovely weather you are having there. Just lovely!
marjenann said... (3/26/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Wow!! I love this top! It really looks like an upscale purchase!! You look dazzling. Annette P.S. Spring forgot to come to Pennsylvania A
Mufffet said... (3/26/09 10:36 AM) Reply
Thanks for not only a good review, but a fun one! :)) Love that style on you!
marec said... (3/26/09 10:30 AM) Reply
It's always fun to read your reviews~wonderful blouse and that color is perfect. You look gorgeous.
Christina Sonja said... (3/26/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Wow, beautiful blouses. You always use the best prints!
cecelia said... (3/26/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty--the style and color look nice on you.
Ronda Rae said... (3/26/09 7:58 AM) Reply
Awesome top! Very pretty! Fun review.
mssewcrazy said... (3/26/09 0:02 AM) Reply
Your blouses look great. The pricey fabric one is really fabulous. Burda WOF subscription keeps calling out to me even though I have been trying to ignore it.
Annette1 said... (3/25/09 11:14 PM) Reply
What a FANTASTIC review. Of course, we EXPECT those from you, you know. (Nothing like a little pressure!) Your top is SO pretty and SPRINGY! :o) I loved your comment about the chest to neck ratio. :o))) Spoken like a true mathematician. :o) I still LOVE that first version, too.
Speech girl said... (3/25/09 10:22 PM) Reply
I love the purple print version--purple is a great color on you: you should wear it often :)
Em's Summer said... (3/25/09 10:02 PM) Reply
You look so cute in this!
Byrdie said... (3/25/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Very pretty... I love this top. Didn't even notice the big flower until you said something:)
AnneMarie60 said... (3/25/09 8:59 PM) Reply
Love both of your blouses, but the polka dot one is a stand-out! Great job, as always and a very amusing and informative review!
emo said... (3/25/09 8:56 PM) Reply
So cute!
Kellie R. said... (3/25/09 7:49 PM) Reply
Spring has sprung and YOU'RE ready in your gorgeous top! It's so feminine and flirty and just lovely!
ITAdmin said... (3/25/09 7:34 PM) Reply
This is way cuter than that pattern photo! I can't say that the blouse in the picture does much for me, but yours is great.
Nancy K said... (3/25/09 6:22 PM) Reply
Really good looking on you. Definitely a figure flattering cut.
Re Becca said... (3/25/09 6:19 PM) Reply
LOVE the purple flowers. You gotta love BWOF and their necklines.
nellc said... (3/25/09 5:33 PM) Reply
I love both of your versions of this blouse.
Meggie LuLu said... (3/25/09 4:50 PM) Reply
Ooooo!!! Both versions are SOOOO PRETTY!!!! LOVE your fabric choices!!!
Vintage Joan said... (3/25/09 4:40 PM) Reply
Great review, as usual. :) Both your tops are really nice. I love the purple one!
Michelle L said... (3/25/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love the floral print, and the polka-dotted version in your photo album is awesome! I am so going to have to start buying BWOF!
CynthiaSue said... (3/25/09 4:25 PM) Reply
too dang cute Heather!
Annette Wright said... (3/25/09 4:05 PM) Reply
super cute. I loved your review too. This is definitely a unique blouse pattern, and l look forward to more reviews of it.
pterion said... (3/25/09 3:58 PM) Reply
Lovely tops, both of them! I especially like the purple flower one...and I'll have to look at it again, because I honestly did not notice the flower placement.
michellep74 said... (3/25/09 3:55 PM) Reply
I've loved everyone's versions of this, and yours is no exception. Love the floral print!
Heidi Ho said... (3/25/09 3:49 PM) Reply
Stylin' spring blouse!!!I LOVE IT! Okay, I don't know what I am waiting for I am tracing off that puppy tonight! You have gotten me inspired! Great review.
shesflipped said... (3/25/09 3:41 PM) Reply
This is the cutest darn top! All the versions I've seen on PR are unique and your print is so spring like and fresh. Beautiful!
kkkkaty said... (3/25/09 3:23 PM) Reply
what a remarkably pretty blouse, thanks!

Kwik Sew 3385