Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3527 from 1955 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:Kellie R.

Sweater knit fabrics

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

CharmedDiamonds said... (6/7/09 5:49 PM) Reply
I love it!!!! I'm going to be searching for a similar pattern now :)
Natalie D. said... (4/26/09 11:35 AM) Reply
What a great review and photos! This is a classic style that suits you.
yummymummy38 said... (4/11/09 7:04 AM) Reply
this looks terrific and I quite like the fabric! the fit is phenomenal. This style is called a cheongsam and a traditional Chinese dress. It tends to suit slim, small busted women. See Joan Chen looking absolutely gorgeous in "The Home Song Stories"
Christas said... (4/6/09 4:26 PM) Reply
EXCELLENT review! This pattern is so pretty! How can this be your MUSLIN?! It is far too nice and looks too lovely to not be a REAL dress!!!
Mahler said... (3/29/09 10:00 PM) Reply
The information is being reviewed in my mind, this is a muslin, Mom that fabric is disgusting, it should be a pillow case. Humm I am from a different school I guess. I love brocades and this one seems so nice on my screen. I believe you when you says that i frays. I am such a great fan of those dresses. I envy you to have found that pattern. I have a few of those, Burda, New look, McCalls and none of them is as nice. I like your dress so much. I am so much looking for the next version. I hope I won't miss it. And humm I love that dress on you !
Cisa said... (3/29/09 12:36 PM) Reply
I've been pondering this pattern for a while now and you've convinced me! I need to get a hold of this pattern. Thanks for your review Kellie! Any idea where I can find this pattern?
Jali said... (3/29/09 11:42 AM) Reply
Double wow! Great fit, great fabric, great dress.
mars418 said... (3/27/09 7:59 AM) Reply
Fabulous dress! The fit is perfect--nice work. Love the fabric.
daff said... (3/26/09 7:47 PM) Reply
I am ?? about the fabric opinions on your end...I love it, and it looks fabulous as this dress! Great job! :)
Erica B. said... (3/26/09 6:13 PM) Reply
Great dress! It's a stunner!
Kellie R. said... (3/26/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Wow everybody! Thanks SO MUCH for all of your very kind comments! I'm LMAO, thinking that I need to re-evaluate my taste in fabric since this fabric is so popular with many of you! Thanks again!
Cat MacGregor said... (3/26/09 3:30 PM) Reply
Woot! I remember when you first posted up this pattern!! It came out just beautiful!! I cannot wait to see the un-muslin. 8 ) Awesome job!
Twinset said... (3/26/09 2:52 PM) Reply
You look fantastic in your great dress! I find this fabric beautiful in terms of print and colors, and perfect for this style!
squirrellypoo said... (3/26/09 1:39 PM) Reply
Wow, I can't believe this is just a muslin! I really like this style, and actually, here goes - I love the fabric. There, I said it! ;)
Stitchcakes said... (3/26/09 1:11 PM) Reply
Wowza!
CarolynGM said... (3/26/09 1:07 PM) Reply
Great job. The fit looks wonderful. It's a classic!
queensh said... (3/26/09 12:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! The fabric is fabulous! I know the actual silk dress will be stunning.
Heatherrique said... (3/26/09 11:25 AM) Reply
Kellie, you mean this eyecatchingly gorgeous dress is a muslin? Huh? Wow! Still very nice work! This is a cool vintage style that wil never go out of style! I cannot wait to see your "real" version....:-)
MaryDB said... (3/26/09 10:16 AM) Reply
Looks fabulous, nice job, perfect fit. Love those old patterns - the drafting is perfect.
mylittleelephant said... (3/26/09 8:18 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I NEED to look for this pattern!
Michelle L said... (3/26/09 6:58 AM) Reply
what a lovely dress! I have yet to attempt assembling any of the vintage patterns that I have, but your wonderful dress makes me want to try!
yorkshire lass said... (3/26/09 6:06 AM) Reply
Absolutely lovely dress. If it looks this good in the test run fabric, it's going to be a prizewinner in the real fabric. Well done on the alterations; you are a much braver woman than me... I'd not know where to start.
merteuil said... (3/26/09 4:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit!
castout said... (3/26/09 0:12 AM) Reply
Very good job! I love the fabric!
Phasionz by M said... (3/25/09 10:27 PM) Reply
Great job! I'm with Marec...I just recently made a dress out of the exact same fabric and not only do I love it but, my DH and my 18 year old DD do also!
Em's Summer said... (3/25/09 9:55 PM) Reply
I think you look lovely in this! IRL it might look different, but the fabric looks great in the pic!
sewtime said... (3/25/09 9:31 PM) Reply
This is a wow dress!!! You look great! Thank you for the review!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/25/09 9:27 PM) Reply
I love the Asian-inspired style. The dress looks great on you! How fun to see a vintage pattern sewn up so beautifully!
marec said... (3/25/09 8:46 PM) Reply
Well, what does this say about my tatse? I really like the fabric :-) Beautiful fit and I am sure this will be a knock out dress in the "real" fabric.
Aixoise said... (3/25/09 8:24 PM) Reply
Well worth the effort. The fit is superb - very important for a dress in this style. I'll look forward to seeing your "real" version (as opposed to "test" version).

Favorite Things Happy Feet Pattern