Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7764 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:One Off

About One Offstar
MA USA
Member since: 6/28/06
Posted on:3/25/09 9:05 PM
Last Updated:3/26/09 12:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
cleverkitty said... (3/18/11 9:21 PM) Reply
this looks so interesting what you did with the button holes. I'm almost done with mine, it's turning out good so far. Hope your still wearing it, those pockets are perfect.
Robin Denning said... (2/12/11 10:55 AM) Reply
I am so glad you posted your review. I had trouble getting a nice fit in the back, too (and it's just me - no reflection on the pattern). When I saw your princess seams in the back, I realized that would solve my issue, too. I really like your version!
nglalala said... (3/27/09 12:08 PM) Reply
The jacket it beautiful!
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/27/09 11:13 AM) Reply
Lovely, lovely jacket. It is very well made and perfect for spring.
becca a said... (3/26/09 10:33 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket! I love the details and I think it looks great on you.
nancy2001 said... (3/26/09 8:44 PM) Reply
I think your jacket looks beatiful. You did a great job.
Athene said... (3/26/09 8:23 PM) Reply
A very good looking jacket. The middle upper back piece looks great - if you find the back too big you could try cutting the side upper back pieces in 12 next time to see if you like that better. Overall I think its a really great jacket.
Second Avenue said... (3/26/09 6:45 PM) Reply
Hi, I was thinking of making this pattern, but will rethink now. I still think your jacket looks very nice - the pockets are very even and regular (something I find hard to do) and the topstitching also looks very professional. Cheers, Second Avenue
Judy Wentz said... (3/26/09 5:39 PM) Reply
I really like your jacket. You did a lovely job of stitching. I cannot tell that you have fitting issues by looking, but that is often more the way it feels, not the way it looks. Nice job. jw
Riesie said... (3/26/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Well, I have to say it looks fab on you! Love the placket detail just the way it is.
Kellie R. said... (3/26/09 4:41 PM) Reply
What a nice jacket! The style and detailing is outstanding. Even though you're not happy with the fit, it still looks great!
Karine said... (3/26/09 3:54 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this. In spite of your concern about the stretch denim being too stiff, it hangs nicely and fits you very well. I think it's great!
sew2little said... (3/26/09 3:49 PM) Reply
I have a home for wayward jackets. In a heartbeat, I would charitably take in this poor jacket and try to rehabilitate its mediocrity. Seriously, I LOVE your jacket! Beautiful work, great look.
Puppy said... (3/26/09 3:44 PM) Reply
Very impressive jacket!! I've always felt that sewing must surely be easier for an architect, and then I also saw that another reviewer of this same pattern is an astrophysicist! Yup, I believe that brains and a good education can't hurt one's sewing! Me? I have trouble with math and seeing things in space. But I try! You've done such a nice job on what appears to be a complex jacket.
CynthiaSue said... (3/26/09 3:44 PM) Reply
really gorgeous.
Heatherrique said... (3/26/09 3:36 PM) Reply
Such a chic and charming jacket!
Deepika said... (3/26/09 3:33 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!!! The fit, the sewing, everything. And I can't believe you still have snow.
Lisa p said... (3/26/09 2:15 PM) Reply
What a great job you have made of this , I love the detailing .
21wale said... (3/26/09 1:17 PM) Reply
Nice job on the details! The color is a fun choice, too.
CarolynGM said... (3/26/09 1:03 PM) Reply
It really is a very attractive jacket. Since it's casual, I don't think the back width looks bad at all. Love the details.
inkstain said... (3/26/09 9:35 AM) Reply
I just fixed the number of my review of the same jacket to offer One Off a comparison. I too had the experience that the shoulders and back were too wide but I've worn my version, in blue-dyed IKEA canvas, to death. I hope you get as much wear from this versaile item and highly recommend it!
Modiste Madness said... (3/26/09 9:20 AM) Reply
That is a lot of sewing in that jacket. You did a wonderful job on it and with all your adaptations.
Re Becca said... (3/26/09 9:15 AM) Reply
I like the details and I that the back and shoulders just look a little less fitted, a little more casual. The details look good. You should edit this and add a gallery picture so that more people will see it.
MamaSewing said... (3/26/09 9:08 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks very nice on you. I love the details like the front pockets and the large front buttons as well!

Other Mango Tango