Pattern Reviews> You Sew Girl> HO4100 (Adult Hats)

Reviewed by:LeahT

About LeahTstar
Member since: 9/13/05

Posted on:3/26/09 7:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
DeanneW said... (12/19/09 11:15 AM) Reply
Fantastic Hat
AmandaW said... (12/18/09 4:38 PM) Reply
Great hat, I'm sure that grandma would have loved it.
LeahT said... (9/15/09 6:27 AM) Reply
Hi Roma, Yes, fancy "meeting" you here too! And lucky you to be taking a class - what I've learnt about hat-making, I've learnt from Nicole's pattern instructions only. They sure are fantastic! As the hat has been sent off to my grandma in SA, I can't even offer to leave it in the studio for you to see. I'm sure we'll get to meet one day Roma... :) Leah
rjc said... (9/11/09 9:24 AM) Reply
Hi Leah, Fancy meeting you here! [not that we have previously met in person] I am SO looking forward to doing this class. Was really impressed to find this review here. I have no idea what fabric to choose. Roll on the 11th October. Regards, Roma C. [will your hat be on display?]
LeahT said... (6/28/09 12:35 PM) Reply
Sorry for the late reply Living Beauty! If you check the stockist page on Nicole's website, you'll see a Californian distributor. Otherwise, yes, she posts internationally and it costs approx $7 (Australian $'s) to post one pattern (or sometimes 2 patterns) to the USA... Hope that helps!
Living Beauty said... (6/1/09 9:58 PM) Reply
Very informative and helpful review! I do love the hat, too! Only one problem...am I able to order hat patterns from this company, also? Do they ship to the US or is there a distributor her?
peggywes said... (5/2/09 10:31 AM) Reply
The band makes the hat and coin purse. I love it.
mm said... (5/1/09 4:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for introducing me to this pattern maker. Brunswick here I come.
Sew4Fun said... (4/24/09 4:43 AM) Reply
Great hat! I bought this pattern recently and hope to tackle it soon. Thanks for the review. I hope your Grandma liked it.
LeahT said... (4/12/09 2:02 AM) Reply
Thanks for everyone's lovely comments! I sent the hat off to Grandma and just got a photo back of her wearing it - the colours suit her perfectly and the hat looks just smashing on her!
LiamsMummy said... (4/9/09 3:33 AM) Reply
Wow! I wouldn't have thought to make this hat with corduroy - I like what you've done with the flower on the inside of the hat. I bet your Grandma is pleased with her hat!
Stacy Sews said... (3/28/09 10:40 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review! I was curious about this pattern and am happy to find out more information on it. I guess I'll be adding this to the list of patterns I'm getting from her!
Bronzewing said... (3/28/09 5:34 AM) Reply
makes me feel like making one too!
maryfrana said... (3/26/09 9:13 PM) Reply
This is a great hat, especially the embellishments.
Kellie R. said... (3/26/09 4:43 PM) Reply
What a cute hat! You will have so much fun wearing this!
petro said... (3/26/09 4:10 PM) Reply
Great hat, I like your choice of fabrics, its far more chic than the pattern examples.
JustTrina said... (3/26/09 1:35 PM) Reply
that's just one awesome hat! this is my first look at Nicole's patterns and they look great! too bad i don't make many purses, but i do plan on making lots of hats this spring/summer, thanks for the review and the intro to Nicole Mallalieu.
nancy2001 said... (3/26/09 12:37 PM) Reply
Great looking hat. Fabulous job.
Karen6790 said... (3/26/09 10:28 AM) Reply
Wow. I've always admired her bag patterns, but I didn't know she did hats either. I'm sure Grandma will be thrilled with her gift - I certainly would be.
cindyann said... (3/26/09 10:26 AM) Reply
That is a fantastic looking hat!
ConnieBJ said... (3/26/09 9:58 AM) Reply
Shoot- Nicole does hats??! I must get this pattern! Great looking hat Leah!
AnneM said... (3/26/09 9:44 AM) Reply
Your hat is from that pattern? Well, that will help the pattern sales. Great hat, it is adorable. I would not have looked twice at that pattern. (You might want to get some pattern paper from the store & trace out the different sizes, rather than having to fold & unfold the original pattern piece.)

Margo Handbag Paper Pattern