Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5063

Posted on:3/28/09 4:39 PM
Last Updated:3/28/09 4:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Annette1 said... (4/21/09 9:26 PM) Reply
Well, what can I say, I even like the DOLLY PARTON view (and "Dolly Parton" is my middle name). :o) I've always admired this pattern, but I think this is the first time I've seen it made up. I LOVE your fabric. I thought it was wool! I've got a jacket lying over there in the chair waiting to go to the cleaner's, and it has EXACTLY the WRONG SLEEVE LENGTH. It just drives me INSANE, but I really like the jacket itself. I may actually get some more of that fabric (if they still have it) and use your INGENIOUS FACING IDEA. :o) I was just thinking yesterday, those sleeves either need to go UP or go DOWN. I don't really want to make them shorter. Gee, who asked me about MY jacket anyway? I love YOURS, and you wear it so well, with such a casual, elegant ease. :o)
Catbird said... (3/29/09 10:11 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Forgot to mention that even though this is out of print it's still being sold on the McCall's site and there are a couple of them available on eBay.
Bernadette W said... (3/29/09 3:27 PM) Reply
Great jacket, and excellent "save" on the sleeves!
Kellie R. said... (3/29/09 10:23 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. It is very nicely made. Can't wait to see the next version!
Jane S said... (3/29/09 7:59 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and such a useful review. I probably have this one in my collection but never noticed that great pocket too. Thanks for the inspiring review.
DivaQ said... (3/29/09 0:10 AM) Reply
Your work is always beautiful!
sewingstacy said... (3/28/09 9:50 PM) Reply
I've been looking for a few days for a jacket pattern like this......yours is awesome!! Thanks for the review, I think I'll get this one!
Birgitte said... (3/28/09 9:39 PM) Reply
Your jacket turned out just beautiful and you look great in it. The Dolly Parton picture is too funny :)) I'd never thought this could be a muslin, bet you get a lot of wear out of this one!
mylittleelephant said... (3/28/09 8:55 PM) Reply
I think your sleeve alteration has worked well and all seams on your jacket are so beautiful and pressed well which left me in a state of beautiful seam fetish........
ClaireF in CA said... (3/28/09 7:20 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, and it looks great on you!
Lori V said... (3/28/09 7:10 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket.
Karendee said... (3/28/09 7:04 PM) Reply
I think you look just wonderful in your new jacket. The style looks great on you.
Christas said... (3/28/09 7:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket! This looks wonderful on you!
Mahler said... (3/28/09 6:56 PM) Reply
This is a simple and beautiful pattern. Your muslin turned out wonderfully. It looks great with jeans. I am sad that I never saw that pattern before. I am looking forward your future version of it. This pattern is really worth it.
Peggy said... (3/28/09 6:39 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL JACKET!
Gold said... (3/28/09 6:36 PM) Reply
Very nice jacket looks great on you.
Heatherrique said... (3/28/09 6:34 PM) Reply
Your UFO became a BFO (beautiful finished object)! You look so chic! Cool review!
Tiner W said... (3/28/09 6:03 PM) Reply
Wow! That's a beautiful jacket!
Phasionz by M said... (3/28/09 5:03 PM) Reply