Pattern Reviews> Mrs. Stylebook Magazine> MSB150(69/201) (pants..first time drafing)

Reviewed by:jaeng

Last Updated:3/29/09 2:42 PM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

MarmotaB said... (6/14/09 8:03 AM) Reply
I loved the look of these in the magazine, so I'm really glad to hear it worked! I will give them a try one day...
jaeng said... (4/5/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone for leaving comments. Diana, Thank you for checking this up. I think it help shaping too but how come I've never seen this in other pants in MSB.
poplin said... (4/4/09 2:41 AM) Reply
It looks like the seam at the back knee is a dart. If I pinch a cm off from the back of the knee on my pant, that amount lifts up the back of the bottom hem and shapes the area behind the knee. I guess, it's just a design feature that makes the pant hug the leg closer, more shaping, etc. HTH!
poplin said... (4/2/09 4:31 PM) Reply
I've no idea what that seam is for... I'll go check it out and PM you with my thoughts. As for the pants, jaeng, they are awesome! Nice work.
Catbird said... (3/29/09 10:00 PM) Reply
From what I can see, these fit you beautifully. Because of the dark fabric it's hard to "read" the wrinkles (if there are any) in the photos, but it really looks like they fall nicely and follow your form. I think you've done an excellent job.
jaeng said... (3/29/09 6:57 PM) Reply
Kay Y, yes there is and I sew it too. I cut fabric in one piece ans sewn like we are sewing dart. What is that seam for anyway?
Kay Y said... (3/29/09 6:11 PM) Reply
I think these look great on you. But I'm curious - is there a seam at the knee level in the back? (looking at the MSB diagram I think there is, but wonder about this.
ALY said... (3/29/09 5:18 PM) Reply
From what I can see in the photos the fit looks great.
Christas said... (3/29/09 4:21 PM) Reply
I think the pants look like they fit nicely. They look great on you!
Michelle L said... (3/29/09 2:39 PM) Reply
Wow, fantastic job!!! Your pants look great, and the fit is wonderful!

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2005-103