Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Posted on:3/29/09 6:56 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
Sew4Fun said... (5/30/09 2:33 AM) Reply
Great dress! I loved Angie's version and now I love yours too! Any pattern that doesn't require alterations, cutting off length doesn't count in my book :), is like finding a pot of gold. Nice job.
sherri2sew said... (4/1/09 6:27 AM) Reply
fabulous dress!
angie.a said... (3/30/09 5:58 PM) Reply
Gorgeous Michelle!! I LOVE it! No way mine is cuter than yours. :)
gatorgirl4325 said... (3/30/09 12:39 PM) Reply
I love this dress in a print - it looks so much better than the magazine photo! You look fantastic!
Luckylibbet said... (3/30/09 11:33 AM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! You are a much better advertisement for this one than the model - she looks blah and you look wonderful! Gorgeous marriage of fabric and style - a true winner!
Jane S said... (3/30/09 7:59 AM) Reply
Terrific dress on you...and how wonderful to get it finished so quickly. Bravo!
Rebecca D said... (3/30/09 6:59 AM) Reply
This dress looks great on you, love the fabric and your sunny demeanor always makes your pictures so fun to look at.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (3/30/09 1:30 AM) Reply
What a cute and flattering spring and summer dress. Who would have known from the Burda picture?
christea said... (3/30/09 0:31 AM) Reply
wow-you really do look better than the model in this dress! When I saw it on the Burda web site, I didn't notice it at all, except I thought it looked like a nightshirt. Now I want to try my first Burda WOF pattern. Wish me luck!!! and, thanks for the inspiration.
Em's Summer said... (3/30/09 0:21 AM) Reply
This dress is soo cute and is very flattering on you--you look great in this. Burda's pic makes it look like a very basic style, but your dress doesn't look basic at all--it looks very trendy on you. Great job marrying fabric with style!
annie11 said... (3/29/09 11:34 PM) Reply
Very flattering on you. Great job!
pittysmom101 said... (3/29/09 11:12 PM) Reply
Wow, that's really pretty, I'd buy it in the store. Awesome fabric choice, and kudos on the fabric savings, too. 5 yds would yield ALOT of fabric scraps! Looks pretty on you.
Ody said... (3/29/09 11:04 PM) Reply
The Angie dress is wonderful on you!!! Great fabric and I know this will be a cool summer favorite. Maybe this should be the Plus sew along uniform.
Amanda S. said... (3/29/09 10:02 PM) Reply
Super cute dress on you! Great job.
Sherril Miller said... (3/29/09 9:23 PM) Reply
Your dress is so cute. But I'm heartbroken. I never buy more than 2 yards of knit. I'm having trouble finding something in my stash to use for this one. But since you said it would be good for someone with hips, I'm going to be all over it.
Annette1 said... (3/29/09 8:42 PM) Reply
Sorry about that, I jumped the gun and posted twice!
Annette1 said... (3/29/09 8:40 PM) Reply
WOW, you're FAST! I JUST saw Angie's review yesterday or the day before. :o) BOTH of your versions are WONDERFUL! They look SO nice on you, and I REALLY like the print fabrics. VERY flattering!
Kellie R. said... (3/29/09 8:36 PM) Reply
What a cute dress! I really love the fabric, which works beautifully with this style. You did a great job!
Christas said... (3/29/09 8:34 PM) Reply
Wow! What a classy dress! This looks AMAZING on you!
Heatherrique said... (3/29/09 8:31 PM) Reply
Michelle, you're one groovy gal! This is such a cool and versatile dress!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/29/09 8:23 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress to match your million-dollar smile! Your look beautiful!
lauralu03 said... (3/29/09 7:54 PM) Reply
Perfect fabric & pattern combo- this looks so great on you!
whistlin dixie said... (3/29/09 7:28 PM) Reply
Nice work, michellep! The style looks great on you. I especially like the print you chose. Wearing prints can be tough for us larger gals, because they can draw the eye to specific parts of our bodies (ones we don't necessarily want to emphasize!). The one you chose has lots of movement in it - the eye is drawn all over, rather than toward one specific focal point. Much better to wear an all-over print like this, than a floral where you end up with a large flower on each breast, and another on your bum!
cecelia said... (3/29/09 7:27 PM) Reply
This is such a cute dress made up, both yours and Angie's. Nice job.
Annette Wright said... (3/29/09 6:58 PM) Reply
AHHHHH....I'm so loving it. I tried to fit it in my 2 yds...no way. I'm going to buy fabric and try it out myself this week. Super duper cute

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122

by: popo

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Paradiso Designs Tiny Handbag Pattern