Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-122

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:3/31/09 0:59 AM

SewPie said... (4/5/09 10:49 PM) Reply
I can relate to why you chose this, it is a cleverly simple pattern. But the plunging neckline! Yours looks great and good luck for finding the right thing for underneath.
Speech girl said... (3/31/09 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for showing what this looks like as a layering piece. I think you did a great job making it--I think it would look nice over a tank top in the summer.
Catbird said... (3/31/09 1:11 PM) Reply
Personal style is such an interesting thing, isn't it? I like that you're experimenting and testing yourself and trying to move beyond whatever basics you tend to fall back on. With this one, I'm in the same camp with the others -- I think it calls out for white or at least a light color underneath and some funky jewelry to set it off. It's a sitting-under-a-beach-umbrella-in-the-sun (in-Alaska?) kind of top! Great job, as always, and nice details.
pterion said... (3/31/09 9:51 AM) Reply
I like this top a lot and the fabric is just perfect. I agree with Idunna - I'm seeing this top at its best with just a cami underneath and maybe some chunky jewelry.
mhk3boys said... (3/31/09 8:30 AM) Reply
I love the fabric!
Annette Wright said... (3/31/09 7:52 AM) Reply
I'll be honest, I'm not totally sure if I like it yet or not either (no, I haven't made it.) Yet I keep being drawn to the photo in the magazine. I think yours would be super cute with just a little white or pale yellow cami under it. Let the top shine. Your dark long-sleeved shirt is overpowering it. Add a funky beaded necklace, and I think it would look awesome (oh and a long many gored flowy skirt.) Oh, and the beads on the drawstrings are great. I will do that on the drawstring blouse burda blouse I made recently. Great idea.