Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> Combo (KS 2759 & 2341)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:11/20/03 9:42 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 17 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
KitnRose said... (12/6/03 1:34 PM) Reply
Ok, this goes on my "to make" list. My tummy really doesn't need to see the general public and even long shirts and camisoles get those ugly "I'm riding up" wrinkles after a full day of computer work. I wish body suits would come back!
elka78k said... (11/21/03 1:39 PM) Reply
funny enough, I always hated bodysuits! I remember my mom made me wear them because she thought it's so cool to have a top that doesn't slide up (it was in the high-waist fashion era), but the closures were always so uncomfortable and scratchy! I bet when you make one, it's totally different!
cindyann said... (11/21/03 9:38 AM) Reply
Oh that is clever! I love body suits. And have KS2341 but have had marginal success with the leg elastic. Thanks for the tip on that. I'll try it next time. Great solutions for DD's tummy.
Debbie Spriggs said... (11/21/03 7:49 AM) Reply
Wow, Lisa, why didn't I think of that? GREAT idea! I may have to try this for my 16-yr-old DD. Her school has a strict no-tummy-showing policy, which is a real challenge with those low rise jeans. I may have to try this for me too, since I like a slightly low rise jean, but I am far past the age where anyone should see my tummy! Oh, and I remember hiphuggers too...
Danvillegirl said... (11/21/03 5:54 AM) Reply
Gee, Lisa, thanks for reminding me just how old I realy am!! (Ha,Ha) I did wear the hiphuggers and do remember my top and hip huggers not meeting. However, I was 18 and all of 92 Lbs. The bodysuit looks great and sounds like an easy pattern to sew. Thanks as always for sharing your information.
Dale C said... (11/21/03 1:23 AM) Reply
What a great morph job! I don't ever remember wearing those hip hugger pants... Always felt they were falling off. But this is a great solution for preventing over exposure in those low rise jeans.
Lisa Laree said... (11/20/03 10:09 PM) Reply
Yeah, Mayr, you can tell from her expression just how thrilled she was to oblige me in that respect! :p
SouthernStitch said... (11/20/03 10:02 PM) Reply
OMG Lisa, I remember the bodysuits too. Good solution to the problem, and nice of her to model it!

by: julliams