Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3172 (Vests)

Reviewed by:Mbarkle

About Mbarklestarstarstar
GA USA
Member since: 9/26/02
Posted on:11/21/03 9:01 AM

JDpenelope said... (11/23/03 5:53 PM) Reply
Very nice. I'm sewing a berber pullover and wish I'd read your review first. This looks great. Love the fabric and seams.
Tini said... (11/22/03 3:07 PM) Reply
I really like to look of the vest. Great done and the review is great too!
Mbarkle said... (11/22/03 9:04 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone. This fabric is so easy to sew (but not easy to frog). Also meant to say that it's a great project for someone without a serger -- you only need a sewing machine.
Gloria Allender said... (11/21/03 2:03 PM) Reply
Mary, very nice job. I have hesitated sewing with this because I thought it would be hard. Thanks for your comments on how simple it was. I may get some and make something for DGS for Christmas.
CatherineN said... (11/21/03 1:44 PM) Reply
Interesting and attractive vest! You're brave to try a new fabric and method of seaming.
Janet D said... (11/21/03 12:35 PM) Reply
Very cool vest. I'm leaving for Hancocks right now. It looks worth the 45 minute drive to get there!
cindyann said... (11/21/03 12:34 PM) Reply
Great looking vest. I said "cool!" when I first saw your pic. I think it looks very nice on you.
Dale C said... (11/21/03 12:27 PM) Reply
Wow what cool fabric! I've never seen the faux sherpa available anywhere. Will have to see if it's online. Your vest looks great!
Sammie said... (11/21/03 12:22 PM) Reply
You look great in your vest! I bought some of the faux sherpa at Hancocks, too - to make the new hat pattern from Kwik Sew for my grandsons. I've put off making it because I was a bit leary of sewing on this fabric so I was very glad to read your review!
MaryBeth said... (11/21/03 9:09 AM) Reply
Nice to see this fabric sewn up, Mary. And glad you're sewing for yourself as well. This pattern drawing does look unshaped and "flat" in the front but you've added nice shaping in the bust area with your yoke dart.

by: twilltape

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sew Chic MyrtleWood Dress Pattern (ln7401)

Sewing Workshop West End Top & Pants