Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> McCall's> m4769 (6 Great Looks)

Reviewed by:Larisa

About Larisastarstarstar
VA USA
Member since: 7/15/05
Posted on:4/4/09 9:35 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

Sweater knit fabrics

fryman said... (4/10/09 12:12 PM) Reply
what a nice dress. Looks like it fits perfectly. Flatters your figure. Yes, Make another!! Go Girl!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/5/09 9:38 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great on you. I love the fabric, and I love your dress' soft drape--very flattering.
Larisa said... (4/4/09 7:04 PM) Reply
Y'all are SEW awesome!! I feel much better about the dress now. I found some light ivory linen-blend at my local fabric store and am going ot make a sash/belt for the dress. As far as shoes and such go, I was actually wearing white socks and Keds when this was taken. Haven't had a pair of saddle shoes since middle school when I *demanded* that I have them....yes, that was in the 1980s...different since the day I was born, I suppose. While at the local store, I found some gorgeous fabric to make a longer version in, so I will be back there next pay period and will make it longer, maybe without sleeves....who knows... ANyway, thanks again for the wonderful comments!
Ody said... (4/4/09 6:30 PM) Reply
Girl friend---I hope you are wearing saddle shoes on your feet and some nice white bobbie socks, because that cute dress is ready to make the Big Bopper proud! So retro and so cool! Wonderful fabric and a great look without going over board! Love it!
nellc said... (4/4/09 3:08 PM) Reply
Very nice dress, I like your fabric.
Christas said... (4/4/09 2:31 PM) Reply
Super cute dress! The perfect amount of retro!
Kaitlinnegan said... (4/4/09 1:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! It looks like it fits really well, which is so nice for a basic pattern - I bet you will make it again and again. I like your idea of a belt - the print gives you a lot of options - burgundy, ivory, or even a contrasting color might be fun.
Aixoise said... (4/4/09 12:48 PM) Reply
My dgd calls this my "Lucille Ball Dress" and it is a bit retro. I agree that the collar is tricky, but you did a lovely job and the dress looks very nice on you.
NC Carol said... (4/4/09 10:57 AM) Reply
Very nice! It fits you well and it looks springy!

StyleArc Kate Dress