Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Posted on:4/11/02 9:10 AM
Last Updated:6/24/03 6:00 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Loungewear
Barb in Northwoods said... (2/27/13 11:06 PM) Reply
Thank you for the great review! I love your fabric, and I apreciate the tips on hemming stretch knits. I've had this pattern in my stash for awhile now so I will definetly have to get it out and use it!
Barb in Northwoods said... (7/12/12 11:23 AM) Reply
Glad I found your review! I love your top, especially the print fabric. Thanks for the tip on preventing stretched hems. VERY helpful. I will definatly have to get this pattern out of my stash, it has the makings of a classic! ! !
SouthernStitch said... (6/26/03 0:00 AM) Reply
Don't you just love a fabric like this? You can just sew up such a simple top and it looks great!
Rhonda Noah said... (6/25/03 3:08 PM) Reply
Thanks Georgene! You know I have to hit at least one fabric store. ;-) And Lou, this fabric was available from Emma One Sock. She no longer has this in a 'buttermilk' knit, but does have it in a lacy stretch type of fabric.
Lou. said... (6/25/03 9:36 AM) Reply
I love this fabric and the top! Where did you find the fabric?
Georgene said... (6/24/03 7:49 PM) Reply
Rhonda, if you are going up to the Moulin Rouge, you won't be far from the Marché St. Pierre where the big independant fabric stores are. Dreyfus is the best known, but Reine is across the street, and up and down the side streets are a few more. Worth a trip if you are interested in visiting Montmartre, or Sacre Coeur, or the Salvador Dali Museum.
Star said... (6/24/03 7:29 PM) Reply
Looks terrific with that fabric!
said... (4/12/02 6:07 AM) Reply
I reread another NL pattern review last night and saw a comment that NL can run slightly large across the upper back, so no surprise that this one needed to be taken in a bit. Karla, Since I my fabric was so highly textured I wasn't sure if I could use the Steam-A-Seam and it would 1. hold and 2. not change the appearance of the fabric. I was too lazy to test! ;-)
said... (4/12/02 0:42 AM) Reply
Rhonda, I've had this pattern lurking in my stash for DD. Guess it's time to pull it out and actually SEW it! Thanks for a great review.
said... (4/11/02 8:43 PM) Reply
Glad this to worked out well. Nice looking pattern - and these NL patterns are very reasonably priced, too. I tried another technique recently when I hemmed a stretchy knit: I fused the hem in place with 1/4" Steam-a-Seam, then topstitched. Fusing the two layers together helped reduce the stretchiness while I stitched, but didn't affect the fit, appearance or "give" in the finished hem. It worked well enough that I plan to use this method any time I have to hem something stretchy.
said... (4/11/02 2:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on how to avoid stretched knit hems! I don't have a serger and can't change the foot pressure on my machine. This will really help!

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2014-117