Online Sewing Class: More Knits

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2669 (Camisole)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:11/21/03 9:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Deepika said... (12/2/03 2:27 PM) Reply
"what made you decide to do two passes of zigzag stitching on the hem instead of a twin needle and a straight stitch?" Laziness Katharine ;-) Yeah I usually do twin needle hem but for this camisole I figured it doesnt really matter since it will be worn inside so I just topstitched. Penelope what problem are you having with binding? I love binding and now that I am comfortable with the technique, I never turn under and topstitch. Binding gives a much more RTW look IMHO.
JDpenelope said... (11/23/03 6:59 PM) Reply
Fabulous! Thanks for the foldover elastic binding tip. Hmmm. I'm having a problem with binding right now... I love trying new things, too. (Well, ok, pretty much everything's new to me at this point!) Your sewing is very accurate and crisp.
Katharine in BXL said... (11/23/03 5:53 PM) Reply
Cute top! Curious--what made you decide to do two passes of zigzag stitching on the hem instead of a twin needle and a straight stitch? I thought twin needles also built in stretch with the zigzagged underside in one pass of sewing.
Deepika said... (11/22/03 8:45 PM) Reply
He he.. source for foldover elastic? Well Karla!!! But Daytona Trimming in NYC had tons of this good stuff. Of course when I was there I didnt buy that much but now that I know I will next time I go there. I am sure other online sites like sewsassy.com will have it. I think sewsassy even dyes it to match your fabric if you send them a swatch. I contacted them long time ago about this.
Danvillegirl said... (11/22/03 7:10 PM) Reply
Looks great. What is your source for foldover elastic? Especially one that matches so well
cindyann said... (11/22/03 11:40 AM) Reply
Great job. I love the foldover elastic treatment. Thanks for tip on it's application.
Debbie Spriggs said... (11/22/03 7:17 AM) Reply
That looks great! Very RTW! I think I need to make some of these.
SouthernStitch said... (11/21/03 11:52 PM) Reply
Deepika, thanks so much for the informative review! KS 3115 has a similar top. When I make that top for Addie, now I have the perfect easy way to bind it! Yours looks totally RTW.
CatherineN said... (11/21/03 11:34 PM) Reply
You did a professional looking job. Sometimes a simple thing can turn out to be so useful in a wardrobe. Wear in health.