Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6849 (Misses Dress, Tunic and Tops)

Reviewed by:JennyAnne

Other Projects by JennyAnne using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Jali said... (8/3/09 11:18 PM) Reply
Great tunic! The neck treatment makes it extra special. Thank you for providing the instructions as well.
JennyAnne said... (5/9/09 3:42 PM) Reply
BillieJean, to make the gathered sections, I cut additional pieces the same width but 1.5x as long as the pattern pieces. For example, if the cuffs were 3" x 10", I cut new ones 3" x 15." Then, I hand gathered the long edges to fit the original pieces. The original pieces became facings to keep the gathered sections stable. Creating the longer pieces for gathering is trickier around curves like the neck, so playing around with a muslin might be good if you're nervous about getting the measurements right. :-)
busymomof3 said... (4/8/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Love it!! I really like your version and the color is great on you!!
nicegirl said... (4/7/09 5:40 PM) Reply
Love your variation on the facing and the cuffs! Nice twist on this classic look.
BillieJean said... (4/6/09 7:04 AM) Reply
I love your tunic, especially the neck treatment. I saw this neck treatment recently on a $200 jacket, and I want to copy it, but can't figure out just how it's done. Could you add a comment on how you did yours, please.
feldmanTcat said... (4/5/09 7:34 PM) Reply
This looks so cute - I never would have tried a top with ruffles, but I find ruffles interesting now and I this is a nice neckline and sleeve detail.
eugenia123 said... (4/5/09 5:37 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous, you have done a great job, I love it.
Christas said... (4/5/09 2:03 PM) Reply
Your new tunic looks so nice! The color and style are so perfect!