Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Member since: 3/30/09
Posted on:4/5/09 5:04 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people

Mazzygirl said... (4/29/10 1:23 AM) Reply
lovely job, & excellent result for a beginner! I've also made this top in chiffon & it looks lovely. I also used a self fabric casing. Cotton voile would be great for a beginner too (as it would be easier to sew). You're tackling things way beyond beginner status IMO and are working things out for yourself, so you'll be cruising along very shortly I think! well done!
sheels55 said... (1/15/10 8:14 AM) Reply
This looks so pretty. I have cut one out to sew up and wear for my holidays next week, and you are right, this is NOT a one hour project. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.
jilly cooper said... (12/5/09 2:51 AM) Reply
Yours turned out beautifully, the fabric is my favourite colour. I made one in a XL. I followed your idea of using self fabric (ran out of 1inch bias tape), thank you.
KitnRose said... (10/26/09 10:51 AM) Reply
Beautiful! My mother requested this pattern, made up, as a christmas present and I wasn't so sure, looking at the pattern envelope ... however I love how yours turned out so maybe mom'll get it after all. :) And, yeah, gotta love those "1 hour* (sewing time only - assuming all goes perfectly and you have a fast machine and maybe a coverstitch machine 'cause heaven knows those hems always take forever but, hey, our experts just managed to do it in an hour so that's what we're calling it) patterns. :)
anncie1 said... (10/13/09 7:16 PM) Reply
I agree as well, it's cute! Congrats on finishing your first project!! Keep on sewing!
nancy2001 said... (4/20/09 6:32 PM) Reply
You've made amazing progress in the month you've been sewing. Congratulations.
petro said... (4/6/09 1:38 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
moonchild61 said... (4/5/09 7:57 PM) Reply
This shirt is so cute! I love the fabric and you got such a deal on it.

KnipMode Magazine 02-2012-02