Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2009-119 (Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:MissCelie

About MissCeliestarstarstarstar
MD United States
Posted on:4/6/09 10:39 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
willozza said... (7/6/09 3:43 AM) Reply
This looks great on you. The colour of the fabric suits you.
Sweetiebop said... (4/15/09 3:54 PM) Reply
This is a great dress on you.
QuickFade said... (4/15/09 3:45 PM) Reply
Great looking dress, Cidell! You probably could still add a lining of sorts if that would give you more use of the dress, or cut it off and use it as a top and then make the dress version again with a lining. This dress would look great with a large pendant necklace. It really gives a great background for a piece of statement jewelry. I don't think it's a bad thing that the seams don't pop out with this print as the print and general shape tell the story.
homejewel said... (4/13/09 7:05 PM) Reply
Seriously, this is YOUR dress! Perfect!
Mahogany Stylist said... (4/8/09 11:05 AM) Reply
Like it! simply stylish.
Mahler said... (4/7/09 4:29 PM) Reply
Forget about the UUUU mon cheval look ! You look great. If you give it to your mother, will we have the chance to see a picture of her wearing it ?
KrystalL said... (4/7/09 11:04 AM) Reply
I like the fabric for this dress! Very cute!
crisford said... (4/7/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Another wonderful creation! Great idea about underlining the yoke. I wouldn't think you should have to line the rest of it but I know these knits have gotten very thin. Maybe wear a slip, with non-static spray?
Heidi Ho said... (4/6/09 11:14 PM) Reply
I love your dress. It looks great on you and that fabric is gorgeous!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/6/09 11:03 PM) Reply
This dress is fantastic. I think the fit is perfect. I, too, love the fabric.
Catbird said... (4/6/09 9:45 PM) Reply
This is a great style for you and I agree with everyone about the fabric and the fit. You look so pretty in this dress! Funny about BWOF and the understitch word. They drive me crazy. PR members must unite and demand our right to clear sewing terms!
neverenoughtime said... (4/6/09 8:57 PM) Reply
Cidell, that looks very nice. You are right that the yoke is lost but I really like the print. You did a nice job of fitting the sleeves. I have noticed that some of the McCalls patterns also have a hard time just writing "understitch". We are all getting smarter every time we sew! Cindy
Beek said... (4/6/09 4:50 PM) Reply
You look great in this knit dress, Cidell. The style is simple but it always looks good.
CynthiaSue said... (4/6/09 4:28 PM) Reply
hey yours is all slinky and sexy!! way better than mine. super cute!!
Christas said... (4/6/09 4:21 PM) Reply
This looks so nice on you..... love your fabric choice!
Dei said... (4/6/09 3:33 PM) Reply
Very cute and very flattering.
eugenia123 said... (4/6/09 3:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress, love that fabric - you look fantastic in it.
Gold said... (4/6/09 3:16 PM) Reply
Cute dress! Looks great on you!
Markie1 said... (4/6/09 3:07 PM) Reply
Ok then, I want your genetics! And your dress. Please?
sewrelax said... (4/6/09 2:25 PM) Reply
You did it again....another wonderful creation for your wardrobe. I love the fabric and the fit.
Beachcomber said... (4/6/09 1:20 PM) Reply
Congratulations! This dress looks terrific on you. And the price can't be beat. Great job!
michellep74 said... (4/6/09 1:05 PM) Reply
The yoke detail might be hard to see, but I really love this fabric, and I think it's a great match for the shape of the dress. And I think the shape looks great on you--it really shows off your tiny waist!
Twinset said... (4/6/09 12:55 PM) Reply
Great dress and great print! This design works really well for you!
Karen6790 said... (4/6/09 11:49 AM) Reply
I'm sure the yoke detail is nice, but I like the fabric better. It really suits the shape of the dress - which, by the way, I think looks fine on you. I don't think you need to grade it up any further.
Vintage Joan said... (4/6/09 11:43 AM) Reply
Great dress -- what a gorgeous fabric. :)
Jali said... (4/6/09 11:31 AM) Reply
That's a very stylish dress! I think it looks great as is from the picture.
cabinbaby said... (4/6/09 11:14 AM) Reply
I love that knit. The dress is really cute on you even if you don't think so. Have you tried it with a belt? It might make your waist really pop and take emphasis from the bottom half. I think the bottom half looks fine, btw.
Kellie R. said... (4/6/09 11:13 AM) Reply
This is really cute! I love the fabric and I think it looks really flattering in your picture! Your projects always are fabulous!
Sew Shy said... (4/6/09 11:05 AM) Reply
Ooh, it's a knit - I had asked on your blog if it was from Ghana - It looks like a woven batik. Every bit as good-looking though!
Elke said... (4/6/09 10:55 AM) Reply
This is very pretty on you! Love the fabric you used.
dbsewer said... (4/6/09 10:49 AM) Reply
You always make such lovely and stylish clothes. This looks great on you. I love the tip about lining the bodice. Thanks for the note about the sleeve construction. Great job on a great looking dress.

Decades of Style 3009