Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5030 (Misses Dress, Belt and Sash)

Reviewed by:Luckylibbet

About Luckylibbetstar
Member since: 7/28/03
Posted on:4/9/09 3:26 PM
Last Updated:4/20/09 2:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
MadeByMeg said... (1/11/12 8:06 PM) Reply
Hi! Some of us thought it would be fun to get all Bay Area sewists together and plan something fun. I created a meet-up for us to put some events together. If you're interested, join here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-Sewists/
nicegirl said... (4/21/09 3:46 PM) Reply
Free fabric is always fun! It came out pretty, and the cami doesn't look like a fix but like part of the look.
Kellie R. said... (4/21/09 8:47 AM) Reply
Lovely dress - the kid looks fabulous!
mylittleelephant said... (4/21/09 7:05 AM) Reply
She looks great in it!
Leora said... (4/21/09 2:32 AM) Reply
I was thinking this was a vintage contest entry but then clicked back to see it really isn't, the fabric fooled me. Lovely dress, lucky girl!!
Barbara V said... (4/20/09 9:03 PM) Reply
The intended victim, the kid...actually the very cute dd looks happy in her dress. The fabric and style are pretty.
ITAdmin said... (4/20/09 5:26 PM) Reply
That IS a great print, and the dress looks really cute on her.
Karen6790 said... (4/20/09 5:18 PM) Reply
The "intended victim" looks fabulous in her dress. I love the fabric - it really suits the pattern to a T. Beautiful.
Christas said... (4/20/09 5:13 PM) Reply
Very cute pattern!
renren said... (4/20/09 4:41 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress--the fabric is wonderful. So good, too, that your daughter/"intended vicitm" is happy with it. She looks beautiful in this style and these colors! Yay for moms . . . and daughters who wear (happily) what we sew!!!
EleanorSews said... (4/10/09 2:12 PM) Reply
Really cute dress; that print is so pretty. It's funny how such a simple design can look so lovely. Sometimes we just forget....
MagpieJen said... (4/10/09 11:11 AM) Reply
I love this dress! I really like those gathers too. The whole dress comes together wonderfully.
morzel said... (4/10/09 6:27 AM) Reply
I love the fabric! I also have asian fabric here and was at a loss as to what style to sew. Thanks for this review, showing this beautiful dress!
Mary Nanna said... (4/9/09 7:31 PM) Reply
this is so cute, if I was your daughter I'd be thrilled!
ambergirl134 said... (4/9/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Cute dress and great fabric. Your daughter will love it!
pterion said... (4/9/09 6:29 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! I'm sure your daughter will love it.
Annette1 said... (4/9/09 4:32 PM) Reply
What a CUTE pattern, and I love your rendition of it in this fabric. I DO suspect you'll be making more, as there's NO WAY your daughter isn't going to LOVE this . :o) (How's that for a double negative?)

Burda 9826