Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2009-118 (Bell Bottomed Pants)

Reviewed by:cabinbaby

About cabinbabystarstarstarstar
AK USA
Member since: 4/8/07
Posted on:4/9/09 1:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
Sew4Fun said... (9/21/09 0:03 AM) Reply
Great pants and very helpful review, thanks!
mengrgrl said... (4/29/09 1:01 PM) Reply
I love the denim and your embroidery! Good idea on the back pockets and adding just one in the front was a much "wittier" touch than two
cabinbaby said... (4/17/09 9:52 AM) Reply
I fixed the link. Lohroffe, you're right; I needed to add the http:// part. Thanks!
lohroffe said... (4/16/09 10:19 PM) Reply
Re Joan1954's comment, I think you have to enter your blog URL starting with http://www instead of just www. I believe that will fix it.
loradouglas said... (4/11/09 7:26 AM) Reply
Very nice looking pants! Thanks for the review and great photos. When I saw these in the BWOF magazine I thought they would make up nice, now I'm ready to make them thanks to your great review.
Shikisew said... (4/10/09 7:37 PM) Reply
I love your jeans. Love the fabric, love how well you sewed them up, love the style, and specially love you tone on tone embroidery for the pockets. Awesome job! I'm totally getting jean envy.
Grammy Gin said... (4/10/09 10:07 AM) Reply
Great job & review! I really like these jeans!
Sic said... (4/10/09 8:49 AM) Reply
Wow! Those look great - thanks for the review!
figtree said... (4/10/09 6:49 AM) Reply
Very nice jeans! These are definitely on my to do list now. Thanks for the detailed review!
Heidi Ho said... (4/9/09 11:51 PM) Reply
Nice pants. I have traced this one off and it is on my list..fabric waiting and everything..just no time...Thanks for the review..yours turned out great..now I really want to get going on them. I love the embroidery detail!
Catbird said... (4/9/09 8:25 PM) Reply
I think your waistband modification makes all the difference in raising the style factor on these. I would never have considered them until I read your review. And I love those seriously witty and brilliant pockets you've created!
Christas said... (4/9/09 5:25 PM) Reply
Super cute jeans! Love the color!
cindyann said... (4/9/09 4:53 PM) Reply
nicely done! they seem a little more narrow than I would have guessed from the BWOF picture. I have some of this denim too, so I'm happy to see it made up into something.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/9/09 4:44 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous, Dawn. I love the tone-on-tone embroidery on the back pockets, and your keyhole buttonhole. Smart looking bells, Lily
Elemenopeo said... (4/9/09 4:30 PM) Reply
I was drawn to these too. Just wonder if I am too short to carry them off at 5'1". What do you think? They look fabulous.
nellc said... (4/9/09 4:19 PM) Reply
Great jeans, I really liked these in the magazine so it is nice to see a good review of them.
AnneMarie60 said... (4/9/09 3:56 PM) Reply
That teal denim is gorgeous! Love the fit and the style of these jeans!
amy in mpls said... (4/9/09 3:49 PM) Reply
I agree. Love 'em! These are so springy and flattering. Ive got the fever to try these pants out too! Thanks for the review!
Elke said... (4/9/09 3:27 PM) Reply
I especially like the flares and the cute pockets...the fit is great!
pterion said... (4/9/09 3:02 PM) Reply
Very very nice! I was already liking this basic pants pattern in the mag, but you've really enhanced it with all the lovely details.
Beek said... (4/9/09 1:41 PM) Reply
I love trouser-jeans with wide legs. These look great. How much did you take in a the bell-bottoms?
Vintage Joan said... (4/9/09 1:39 PM) Reply
Oh, very cool. :) I really like your one "witty" patch pocket. (P.S. Dawn, the blog link in your recent reviews isn't working. The beginning of the url seems to be incorrect.)
michellep74 said... (4/9/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Fabulous pants! I really like the wide flares--they funk things up a bit without looking overly retro.

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS