Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1028 (Metropolitan Good Times Top)

Reviewed by:Heatherrique

About Heatherriquestarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 6/27/06
Posted on:4/11/09 12:51 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

prkj said... (5/25/09 11:47 PM) Reply
Since 'wow' is already taken, I'll say 'gee.' You did a lot to this pattern to get a result you liked. The directions sound unhelpful, but aside from the sausage vs. patty remark, I'm guessing you were being told to roll up the bodice inside the yoke pieces, stitch, and turn the shirt right side out. Connie Long describes this really well in her book on blouses and tops, but these directions read like the reason why the big 4 don't try this method. Nice job!
Kellie R. said... (4/12/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Wow! I'm convinced that you have the funnest fabrics in the universe! Your top turned out well and was worth all of the work that went into it! Great job!
marjenann said... (4/12/09 8:19 AM) Reply
Wow!! This is one awesome top!! Very stylish and upscale!! Really worth the time and effort that you invested!!! Love it! Annette
pterion said... (4/12/09 1:02 AM) Reply
This pattern and its modifications sounds like an epic journey. Kudos for sticking with it and ending up with a very nice looking top. Great review!
Terri A said... (4/12/09 0:37 AM) Reply
What an amazing review! Wow! Thanks for including all those details! The sausage roll vs the patty thing had ME "rolling" LOL. My goodness, what a lot of work you did! Great job.
Ody said... (4/11/09 10:09 PM) Reply
I don't know what you worked harder on, the blouse of the review. Great blouse in the end.
Annette1 said... (4/11/09 8:55 PM) Reply
You girls are SO cute! It looks like you had a GREAT TIME in Disneyland. I love this top, Louella. That neckline is really pretty on you. With your custom fitting finesse, this top is ultra flattering!
EleanorSews said... (4/11/09 5:23 PM) Reply
You certainly did a major effort to get this top to work! It looks quite nice now that you have worked your magic. Thanks for the alert.
michellep74 said... (4/11/09 4:29 PM) Reply
The finished top looks great after all of your hard work! I have this pattern and was hoping that it would be a fairly easy sew--I'll consider myself forewarned. ;)
emo said... (4/11/09 3:26 PM) Reply
This looks really nice on you, but I agree not too much like the pattern photo. I always have a very hard time with their patterns; your review is incredibly helpful!
LornaJay said... (4/11/09 3:12 PM) Reply
Wow. What a review! I think the top looks great under the denim jacket.
JEF said... (4/11/09 1:44 PM) Reply
My goodness, you put a lot of work into that top. It looks really nice now. I LOVE the fabric choice and I really like the interesting neck line. I'm very impressed with you for making the pattern work.
Christas said... (4/11/09 1:22 PM) Reply
Both Mama Mouse and little Minnie Mouse look lovely! Louella, this top is wonderful. I am so glad you stuck with it to achieve this very stylish look!

by: Sheila457