Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 1071 (Weekender Sunshine Tops)

Reviewed by:Immelu

About Immelustar
Member since: 5/6/06
Posted on:4/11/09 5:31 PM
Last Updated:6/8/11 0:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

MareeAlison said... (6/12/11 8:52 PM) Reply
Hi - I've made this pattern a couple of times now and it does pull like that across the top of the bust - if you look at some other reviews you will see the same thing. The tops look fantastic and you've done a good job.
Lou05 said... (4/30/09 6:25 PM) Reply
The green swirly is absolutely the cutest version I've seen of this top. You look great! Thanks to you, I'm going to give it a try.
katie lynne said... (4/16/09 3:40 PM) Reply
These tops look super on you! As I'm just about to delve into the realm of sewing with knits, your review has helped me immensely. Thanks for a great review and input!
Kellie R. said... (4/12/09 9:47 AM) Reply
Lovely tops - so versatile! I bet you'll get lots of use out them!
Amanda.Claire said... (4/12/09 8:48 AM) Reply
I love this pattern. I just put my neck on last night. I used Steam a Seam to fuse the two layers of neckband together instead of basting and I pinned it on the bodice and it sewed up in one piece very well. I have tried what you mentioned from the Kwik Sew pattern and it is much harder on this pattern. Fusing the layers only at the cut edge makes it act like one piece.
Heatherrique said... (4/11/09 9:46 PM) Reply
Two gorgeous versions from the same pattern! Errors? I did not see any. I wish I could "wing" things as you did! I still do things the "old school" way: hand baste then stitch. I see nothing wrong with your tops. I also like your new hairdo. Groovy!
bangerlm said... (4/11/09 9:04 PM) Reply
Very cute. Prints are nice because they hide mistakes. :)
michellep74 said... (4/11/09 5:59 PM) Reply
Very cute tops!
Christas said... (4/11/09 5:53 PM) Reply
Both tops are very cute!