Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8560 (MISSES' SKIRT)

Reviewed by:ohsewcrafty

About ohsewcrafty
VA USA
Member since: 12/30/05
Posted on:4/13/09 11:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
ohsewcrafty said... (4/16/09 1:28 AM) Reply
Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone! More on redrafting the upper back yoke- I used the front upper yoke (flipped over) as a guide, but extended it from the center by 5/8" to accommodate the center back zipper. Check out the relationship between the front and back lower yokes for a visual explanation. And yes, the cardi is Millefiori :)
Christas said... (4/14/09 8:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the heads up about the incorrect pattern piece. Your skirt turned out lovely!
MagpieJen said... (4/14/09 11:17 AM) Reply
This is great - a beautiful skirt, and a very helpful heads-up on the challenges with this pattern!
CynthiaSue said... (4/14/09 10:37 AM) Reply
what an excellent review. i bought this pattern about a month ago and i guess that means i got one with the wrong piece in it!! your's is adorable.
Secretsugar said... (4/14/09 8:17 AM) Reply
I have this pattern all cut out, but hadn't begun cutting out my fabric yet. I'm SO glad to have read first about the drafting problem--thanks!
renren said... (4/14/09 8:13 AM) Reply
Good job redrafting! I would have abandoned the project thinking there was something I wasn't "getting." The skirt is really nice and I love it with your sweater.
Ellenatlga said... (4/14/09 6:57 AM) Reply
Great skirt, thanks for the review. I recognize the Milifiori Cardi, right? nice work!
Rebecca Szetela said... (4/14/09 6:52 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for reviewing this pattern! Your skirt turned out very nicely!This was the pattern chosen by a beginner student of mine and it turned into a nightmare. Regarding the piece you re-drafted: I contacted Vogue by email because nothing was fitting properly as I was helping my student try to put the thing together. Turns out the pattern WAS drafted incorrectly and Vogue has known about this for a while. Do you think they could have done something about that? Anyway Customer Service initially wanted us to send the pattern back and wait for a new piece. Fortunately after several emails back and forth, the rep figured out that she could email the piece as an attachment so that the lessons did not stop dead waiting for one pattern piece! As it turned out, my student was sick of the pattern by then (her co-student finished HER skirt weeks ago and is working on project #2!) so she is doing a very simple 2-piece Simplicity skirt and is thrilled that it is actually working! This is the first time I have gotten a pattern with a badly drafted piece in all of the years I have been sewing. I wonder if this is more common these days? My student is thinking of taking the fabric pieces from the skirt she spent so much time on and making a totebag! It's too bad.
jlg said... (4/14/09 5:33 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I just ordered this pattern and am glad to see it so nicely made up. Love your cardigan also (millefiori?); they work beautifully together.

by: shortynome