Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 16868-1005 (roman shades- Home Dec project)

Reviewed by:Robin Denning

About Robin Denningstar
MD USA
Member since: 6/24/04

Posted on:4/15/09 11:04 AM
Last Updated:4/15/09 3:41 PM

Jane S said... (4/16/09 10:48 PM) Reply
Robin, how beautiful and how inspiring. I'd like to redecorate my sewing room this summer and the website and your testimonial will help me so much.
Karendee said... (4/16/09 2:27 PM) Reply
These are lovely, Robin. You are really into decorating these days and you're doing a great job.
craftygamma said... (4/16/09 7:41 AM) Reply
Very nice job, and I should know because I have made plenty in my drapery making days!
Nancy K said... (4/15/09 6:34 PM) Reply
I have 5 windows in my bedroom and one of my pleated shades just broke. Replacing them in something as nice as you've made is, as you've stated very expensive! I love Roman shades and yours are well done. Brava!
Christas said... (4/15/09 6:31 PM) Reply
These look so wonderful!
Dale C said... (4/15/09 6:05 PM) Reply
I love them! Thankyou so much for the link to her site! I saw it a few years ago and forgot all about it, but now that I've been thinking to do my windows that website will come in very handy. THanks thanks thanks. Yours look great!
davin said... (4/15/09 4:30 PM) Reply
Most encouraging. Thanks. Davin
Robin Denning said... (4/15/09 1:51 PM) Reply
The most helpful thing is having a very large table. My cutting table is huge so I was able to lay the fabric out to check for straight lines. It is critical to get each piece of fabric straight. I stretched and pulled each panel to get it perfectly square, then pressed it. The Thermalsuede lining doesn't have a grain, so that is easy to cut with precision. Good Luck, Patricia! Thanks pterion!
pterion said... (4/15/09 12:45 PM) Reply
Your shades are lovely! And you really do save a bundle when you make them up yourself.
Patricia from Rose Manor Farm said... (4/15/09 11:34 AM) Reply
Thank you, thank you. I have wanted to make some Roman shades, but have been intimidated by not understanding how or where to get the "professional" style hardware. Your success and this website have made me excited to go forward. I can't wait.

by: prosthetic...