Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Liberty Shirt (Liberty Shirt)

Reviewed by:SueV

Other Projects by SueV using this Pattern

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

susan sugden said... (4/16/09 8:51 PM) Reply
beautiful work, you are talented!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/16/09 2:25 PM) Reply
I love Japanese prints, and I love the top you made from this gorgeous one. I didn't notice the flower placement until I read your mention of it. I wouldn't give it a second thought. When you wear this blouse, people will only notice that it's truly stunning.
Kathi R said... (4/16/09 11:59 AM) Reply
Great looking shirt - I feel your pain on the placement of flowers....I just did the same thing with a geometric pattern and have bullseye pattern on the girls. Seriously, nobody would notice going by in a fast car...wear your new shirt and enjoy it. Thanks for the review.
Sherril Miller said... (4/16/09 10:05 AM) Reply
Wow Sue, you did a great job on that flower placement. LOL! I say wear it anyway since no one noticed. It's a very cute pattern. Thanks for sharing this beautiful blouse.
marec said... (4/16/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Intriguing top. I love designs like this and your choice of fabric and beautiful workmanship make this shirt memorable. I second the idea of perhaps adding pockets, if the flower placement bothers you. It really depends on how the shirt hangs while being worn-I'll bet they aren't noticable.
carolynw said... (4/16/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Sue I love your shirt and honestly the placement of the flowers on the chest is lost in the overall pattern of the fabric which is somewhat busy and bright. Please wear often and with confidence. Had given up on SW patterns as they tend to swamp me but this one looks like a slightly more fitted top.
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (4/16/09 7:14 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse!
Ann Smith said... (4/16/09 1:17 AM) Reply
I didn't notice the pasties until you mentioned it. Like Lilibet my thought was pockets. Hmmm, maybe I should make it in one of these prints also...
davin said... (4/16/09 0:23 AM) Reply
I notice you live in La Crescenta. I'm in West Los Angeles, open to finding a sewing buddy. My kids are grown; I'm retired from a broadcast news career; a docent at LACMA. If you would welcome contact or exchanging ideas, Pls. let me know. But if you are too busy/too far away, that's also cool. Thanks, Davin
Lilibet said... (4/16/09 0:01 AM) Reply
Very pretty fabric and pattern. However I did notice the bulleyes and it would bother me too. It would be such a pity not wear it though. Would it be possible to add pockets or perhaps vertical strips of topstitched fabric to break up the flower placement?
Patti B said... (4/15/09 10:32 PM) Reply
Sue, I love your top and really didn't notice the flower placement. I've seen several versions of this pattern and I like them all; it's going on the list now.
SueV said... (4/15/09 9:41 PM) Reply
I wore it with jeans. By the way, I tried it on before I put in the sleeves, and it looked really nice as a vest too
lamstu said... (4/15/09 9:38 PM) Reply
I didn't notice the flowers until you mentioned it either and I have made this mistake too. So wear it if it makes you happy! Do you wear it with trousers or skirts?
karen149 said... (4/15/09 9:36 PM) Reply