Pattern Reviews> Butterick> B5049 (Women's Dress and Blouse)

Reviewed by:gaginny

About gaginnystar
Member since: 2/23/07
Posted on:4/17/09 9:07 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people

Klutzy said... (3/31/12 9:18 AM) Reply
Another 5 star vote for your dress! As to CC patterns, I've ignored them too. I wish she would NOT use those dumb drawings! But from what I've heard, her patterns are excellent, and designed to fit real women who are not 20-year-old stick figures. Just bought a bunch of them and can't wait to get this one made!
Matilda M said... (6/26/10 0:03 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. A lovely dress for a hot summer's day! We have about three of those here in Seattle, but when they come, I really would like to have one of these!
KathyHQF said... (4/25/09 5:51 PM) Reply
I've had this pattern for a while but was afraid to try it. Now, after seeing yours, I will give this one a try! This looks wonderful and is very flattering on you!
Christas said... (4/18/09 11:25 AM) Reply
This style is so perfect on you! The dress is just lovely ..... perfect fabric and fit! I love Ody's comment!
Judy Wentz said... (4/18/09 8:58 AM) Reply
Very nice dress. I have not tried Connie Crawford patterns. Your review makes me want to. jw
gaginny said... (4/18/09 8:45 AM) Reply
Thanks....ya'll make me feel real good this morning. I love Connie's patterns. I cannot say it enough. I have every last one of her Butterick ones and a few of the others. I have not sewn them all yet.....but just give me a little time To answer chacha45' I didn't do the darts....
jannw said... (4/18/09 0:38 AM) Reply
I have ignored this pattern in the catalog, but your dress looks like what I have been looking for..great job, lovely results..I'll have to get this pattern now
chacha45 said... (4/17/09 10:32 PM) Reply
I love it! Once again, the drawing does a disservice to the pattern. Did you put in the darts?
Vintage Joan said... (4/17/09 10:31 PM) Reply
Pretty! I love your fabric.
renren said... (4/17/09 10:31 PM) Reply
Fabric and styling are very eye catching. I think I need this pattern . . . . (And Ody, you behave yourself now!!!)
Ody said... (4/17/09 9:29 PM) Reply
Send me that dress and no one gets hurt!!! Why are you laughing??? I want that dress---the fabric is gorgeous, and I know if it looks that fabulous on you, it would look great on me. OK, I have the pattern, but had no idea it could look that good! Stop laughing---I am PMing you my address!
sideseams said... (4/17/09 9:13 PM) Reply
Oh, I just love the fabric you chose. Sure looks like this pattern is a winner! You look very nice in your new dress. Thank you for the review.
All About Linings