Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6029 (coordinates)

Reviewed by:Barbara J

About Barbara Jstar
Posted on:11/27/03 6:32 PM
Last Updated:12/11/03 11:42 PM
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates
Barbara J said... (12/12/03 6:19 PM) Reply
Yes, I do think it would be nice in a knit, I am not sure if you would need to stabilize the tie area though. Cindyann, about the bulky tie, DD was pulling the tie through the gap too far and then had trouble with the bulk, once she loosed it off a bit it was okay, so maybe if the sides of yours were narrowed down next time or you loosed that tie it might help.
cindyann said... (12/12/03 7:48 AM) Reply
Barbara, I still can't see the photos. Hmmm....wierd. I did not make a bust adjustment, I'm a B cup :(. The armhole gapes a bit in the front. Although, it's certainly wearable. The bigger problem for me was the bulky tie through. I didn't really spend the time to evaluate the problem but I had planned to try this pattern again.
a. sHEWAN said... (12/12/03 7:36 AM) Reply
Top looks great, I keep looking at the pattern but i'm thinking of making it in a knit. Do you think it would work.
Barbara J said... (12/11/03 11:32 PM) Reply
Thanks Chandra hope my fiddling hasn't made them invisible.
Barbara J said... (12/11/03 11:29 PM) Reply
Well, I'v fiddled around if anyone can view the photos please let me know as its frustrating to me to.
Chandra said... (12/11/03 11:19 PM) Reply
Barbara - I can see the photos and I think it looks great. You did a really nice job with fitting!
Barbara J said... (12/11/03 11:06 PM) Reply
I wish I knew what to suggest so you can view. Catherine could you see the photos,?ofcourse I can but I cannot find anything to alter it to help you all. Cindyann, Suz armhole problem wasn't with the pattern but her 'c' cup bust was that your problem too?
CatherineN said... (12/11/03 9:36 PM) Reply
A very informative review. The top does fit nicely.
cindyann said... (12/11/03 7:00 PM) Reply
I am so anxious to see your pics. I've made this top and I had a few problems with the armhole too. I found the tie through fabric to be too bulky for the slot, but perhaps it was just the fabric I used. Overalll, I really like this top and I made the pants pattern into a pair of shorts that were really great. Thanks for the review.
Jackie M said... (12/11/03 6:55 PM) Reply
Barbara, I can't see the photos, and I've signed into Ofoto ... and I so want to see this top!
Barbara J said... (12/11/03 3:24 AM) Reply
I'll try your suggestion Marie, this is the first time I have submitted photos myself. DD boyfriend takes them. Jackie M, No I don't think the top is particularly short, the pants look lowere in the photo than on DD so she made me lower them. The photos I have don't really show the length well, but will use them and DD said they will take more, but in the meantime will use these ones.
Jackie M said... (12/10/03 8:52 AM) Reply
I have this pattern, and am planning on making all the pieces. I even have the fabric. I will definitely use your suggestions -- I, too, hate packaged bias binding and always make my own. New Look 6149 has a similar wrap top, except with cut-on (kimono) sleeves. I've made the wrap top and v-neck; both were wadders, despite the fact that I used stretch knit fabric, which is very forgiving. More my fault than New Look's, I'm sure. I found the wrap top to be quite short -- was that the case with the sleeveless wrap as well?
MariaDenmark said... (12/10/03 7:58 AM) Reply
Barbara - to get permission for all to view your pictures you have to go into the folder at yahoo adn change the settings - they are probably at Private now, and you can change the settings so that we all can see them
Barbara J said... (11/28/03 6:16 PM) Reply
Hopefully, I will be able to do a photo, dd's boyfriend will have to take it, and email it to me, so may be a few days.
Karla Kizer said... (11/28/03 8:51 AM) Reply
That does look like a nicely designed top. I might not have noticed it if you hadn't reviewed it, and I appreciate your attention to the nice drafting details. Thanks!
a. sHEWAN said... (11/28/03 7:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, I have this pattern in my pile of things to make. What about a picture?

by: velosewer

Shapes Nine Lives Vest Pattern

Shapes Nine Lives Vest Pattern

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2009-125