Pattern Reviews> Burda> 2938 (Trousers/pants)

Reviewed by:FreyaStark

About FreyaStarkstarstarstarstar
AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/12/08
Posted on:4/18/09 5:07 AM
Last Updated:4/18/09 6:25 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
FreyaStark said... (4/18/09 6:10 PM) Reply
Many thanks for all those kind and encouraging remarks. Yes, I was expecting the fabric to be the colour of a healthy camel. Taupe is a difficult colour to pin down. There's no back view. I haven't got a resident personal photographer, and finding someone with aptitude and patience isn't always possible. No, I made no other alterations for fit. I made the size that corresponded with my measurements and, although when trying on after stitching the side seams it looked as if the pants would be too tight, when the zip was in they did fit. One possible future alteration would be to take in the waist a bit; I forgot to mention that the pants feel loose in the waist compared with the hip.
Annette1 said... (4/18/09 1:31 PM) Reply
I think these pants look GREAT on you, and I too am liking that SICKLY ELEPHANT GRAY -- ha! :o)) Actually, I think the "hip-hugging style" is very flattering on you. As a matter of fact, this looks like a TNT to me. :o) Ah, yes, I WELL remember the flared jeans of the '70s with the frayed bottoms, AND the bare feet. My feet were tough as nails! I think my mom saved my favorite pair of jeans from that era (and my favorite platform shoes). :o) On another note, I recently bought three cute cottons prints to make me some pajama bottoms after I saw your Hawaiian print PJs. My prints aren't nearly as pretty as yours (and somewhat subdued, now that I think about it), but you were my inspiration!
Luckylibbet said... (4/18/09 12:25 PM) Reply
I think they're flattering, and seem to have a good fit. It's easy to add pockets... thanks for a helpful review.
Vintage Joan said... (4/18/09 10:47 AM) Reply
Nice! I actually think the "hip-hugging" style suits you very well.
Christas said... (4/18/09 9:47 AM) Reply
I think these look very nice on you. Your sewing is wonderful!
persevering said... (4/18/09 9:42 AM) Reply
What a fab fit! Be nice to see a rear view to see if the fit is great there too. And you didn't make any other alteration except for shortening the length? PS - FYI, I find that having fitted clothes, helps me keep on track (maintaining measurements and weight - with great efforts of course).
fourkid said... (4/18/09 9:11 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. I think they look great - and you can just add a pocket in the sideseam if you decide to go back to this pattern.
renren said... (4/18/09 8:49 AM) Reply
These pants look really nice on you. Look at those sharp creases! And sickly elephant grey--that is very funny. It's probably just because you are used to the healthy camel tan of that camel you ride!!! Glad you came to like the grey in spite of the sickly elephant associations--it's lovely!
Rebecca D said... (4/18/09 7:47 AM) Reply
These pants look great on you and I, for one, think they are very flattering on you. It would be pretty easy to add a pocket, wouldn't it, now that you've got the fit down? I like the fabric, too!

Kwik Sew 3299