Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 60565 (By Popular Demand)

Reviewed by:Sew Jane

About Sew Janestar
KS USA
Posted on:4/18/09 3:37 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
denese said... (6/9/11 4:13 AM) Reply
gosh just found this i wouldnt worry it looks wonderful as it is
JillyBe said... (7/8/10 1:59 PM) Reply
This looks like it could be a TNT for me - thank for you for a great review! & it looks wonderful on you :)
engineeress said... (7/19/09 2:20 PM) Reply
Found an idea in a book on using old embroidered table linens to make this blouse. Your comments make this an idea I want to pursue with my garage sale finds!
Christas said... (4/20/09 5:41 PM) Reply
Very cute blouse!
kathleencramer said... (4/19/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Fantastic blouse! I love it!!
fryman said... (4/19/09 5:26 PM) Reply
I made this blouse a few years back. Don't wer it often because it must be worn outside of pants/skirts and I don't like that look on me however, the next time I will lengthen both the blouse and the sleeeve hem length and also use a soft fabric. Your blouse looks great. I'm not in agreement w/the others about sizing down; perhaps a bust dart is worth the risk. Nice review.
Sew Jane said... (4/19/09 1:47 PM) Reply
Wow - thank you all so much for your kind comments. I hope I answered all questions by adding links to the review. Annette - thanks for thinking the pic would make the grade for the Cutting Line gallery - I appreciate the ego boost ;) Irene - thank you for answering my FBA question so promptly. Your Cutting Line reviews are inspiring, thoughtful and most complete. My issue with the fit revolves around the semi-fitted nature of the pattern. (Which if I'd read the description instead of looking at the picture would hopefully have sunk in.) As Terri and Irene pointed out - I will try a size down next time. My personal preference is for a more fitted look.
Irene Q said... (4/19/09 11:48 AM) Reply
I think it looks lovely on you!! These patterns are drafted to be loose fitting and can only be "tightened" up so much. But I often go down a size, or two sizes in the shoulders, so don't be afraid to try that.
petro said... (4/19/09 10:39 AM) Reply
Lovely blouse. I especially like the neckline, front facing detail.
Kellie R. said... (4/19/09 10:15 AM) Reply
This blouse is SO pretty! It's incredibly feminine and I'm sure you'll be wearing it all of the time!
mssewcrazy said... (4/19/09 7:16 AM) Reply
That is a wonderful top for summer. It looks so nice on you - I wouldn't change a thing. I ordered a few of her patterns but you would know not this one. It will be in my next order for sure. I need this pattern for summer wear.
Terri K said... (4/18/09 9:56 PM) Reply
This one looks great on you Jane! If you want a more fitted look, I agree that the XS with the FBA would do it.
Dee2 said... (4/18/09 9:18 PM) Reply
Love your blouse & think the fit looks fine!
Aixoise said... (4/18/09 8:21 PM) Reply
Lovely blouse. I think you made a good choice in size. I tried a medium and still swim in it after taking 2" off the side seams. Will try a small next time. Thanks for the review; it's helpful and gives me a good basis for comparison.
renren said... (4/18/09 8:09 PM) Reply
Sorry, I got so busy answering the previous commentator's question that I forgot to tell you how much I like your top. Very nice.
snaffles said... (4/18/09 8:02 PM) Reply
Your top is beautiful.
renren said... (4/18/09 7:22 PM) Reply
j222b, there are 3 ways you can do this: 1) click on the link the reviewer has provided above. That will take you straigt to Irene Q's review. 2) At the top of the current review you will see "19 more reviews" which is another link, that when clicked on, will take you to the first page listing reviews of this same pattern. 3) The last is more indirect, but you would click on Advanced Search on the first Home page of this site, and then enter the reviewer's username, in this case Irene Q. Then it will pull up all of Irene Q's reviews. My guess is option 1 will be your best bet here. Good luck and hth (hope that helps).
j222b said... (4/18/09 6:50 PM) Reply
Where can I find IreneQ's tip on "adding length at bottom..."?
Vintage Joan said... (4/18/09 6:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Very classy.
gaginny said... (4/18/09 6:07 PM) Reply
I love your blouse and see nothing wrong with the fit. It looks great on you just as it is. And the buttons....oh my....what a super idea. I have lots of old buttons too....need to find ways of using some of them. btw....where would one find a Greist button holer? Is it very different from a Singer button hole attachment? I have one of those that I have never used and also a couple of Featherweights. I never thought about doing buttonholes on a straight stitch machine.
FreyaStark said... (4/18/09 5:09 PM) Reply
A very nice blouse.
Catbird said... (4/18/09 4:40 PM) Reply
This is so pretty! The vintage buttons add so much style, and I think the fit is lovely. The fabric, the raglan sleeves, the shaped hem are all winners. It looks great with your linen pants!
renren said... (4/18/09 4:03 PM) Reply
So very pretty.
Annette1 said... (4/18/09 3:56 PM) Reply
You should turn in your photo for the gallery on the Cutting Line Designs site. http://www.fabriccollections.com/gallery/gallery.html (Just let me know if you need any more helpful hints, prods or advice!)
Elemenopeo said... (4/18/09 3:53 PM) Reply
This looks great!
Annette1 said... (4/18/09 3:48 PM) Reply
I LOVE this blouse! I think it's PERFECT just the way it is. Your buttons make it extra special, and the whole thing just looks SO nice on you. I hope this pattern comes in my size. If it does, I'm GETTING it, just based on your review right here. :o)