Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> 02-2009-15 (Sleeveless day dress)

Reviewed by:squirrellypoo

About squirrellypoostarstarstarstar
United Kingdom
Member since: 3/27/05
Posted on:4/24/09 12:06 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
MagpieJen said... (4/28/09 2:05 AM) Reply
Fantastic! A cute, comfortable, flattering, versatile dress! Thank you for the review!
squirrellypoo said... (4/27/09 6:16 AM) Reply
hahah thanks everyone! The photo is taken on one of the floating garden barges on the mooring where I live. And yup, that is Tower Bridge that we look at every day and (yes, Renen!) I walk over to work each day! :)
Puppy said... (4/24/09 9:41 PM) Reply
Well, the dress is very cute, and your haircut is cute too. Does this photo mean that you live with the bridge as the backdrop to your very life!?! I assume that's your garden you're standing in?
JoanneM said... (4/24/09 8:41 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric! Is that the Tower Bridge in the background? What a shot!
Sew4Fun said... (4/24/09 6:31 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! Love the hairstyle too. I didn't recognise you at first.
Natasha B said... (4/24/09 6:11 PM) Reply
Cute dress and divine fabric. Looks like a very comfortable solution. Glad to read on your blog that your coverstitch is the one I covet - I'll know where to direct my questions when I get mine. Great starter tips too, my favourite necklines are V shaped, but I have to say they are not easy to make perfect. Thanks!
SueV said... (4/24/09 5:33 PM) Reply
nice dress... i like your haircut too...
doctorsirena said... (4/24/09 5:08 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress - great fabric and black trim and your frankenpattern design was very successful! I also love your haircut - perfect for spring/summer.
Heatherrique said... (4/24/09 4:58 PM) Reply
Comfort and glamour, all in one! I adore this dress on you and I hope you make more!
renren said... (4/24/09 3:30 PM) Reply
I, too, think you have done a wonderful merge of these patterns and made a fabulous dress. And thanks for sharing glimpses of London with us. I presume we are seeing one of the towers supporting a bridge across the Thames, the one you walk across on the way to work and the cold winds whip your magnificent winter coat about your legs. See, you are like a rock star--we follow your every move! (I REALLY am not a stalker, honestly.)
Re Becca said... (4/24/09 2:47 PM) Reply
Very pretty! You made good choices on the pattern, and you did a great job putting it together. I love the baackground of your picture, I am so jealous.
Kellie R. said... (4/24/09 2:07 PM) Reply
Cute dress! You did a great job merging the patterns!
peaudane said... (4/24/09 1:21 PM) Reply
I love your dress, and I'm so jealous of the fabric!
michellep74 said... (4/24/09 12:51 PM) Reply
Really cute--I agree, it's a perfect summer day dress!
Judy Wentz said... (4/24/09 12:33 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress. You look great!
The Technique of Underlining Garments