Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1373

Member since: 12/19/05
Posted on:4/23/09 1:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Rhonda at Living Water said... (6/18/09 2:24 PM) Reply
Very lovely. The pattern is awesome and I love the fabric choice. Looks great!
heapha said... (6/9/09 10:08 PM) Reply
wow that is a fantastic pattern done fantastically
leanmeansewingmachine said... (5/1/09 8:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress and the fit is perfect!
colourbynumber said... (5/1/09 12:43 PM) Reply
I love the scoop neckline. Very attractive! It has the true vintage style!
Sickofitcindy said... (5/1/09 11:12 AM) Reply
Very cute dress. I love the waist in particular. You really have a way with grading up patterns and getting a good fit.
Oceanpeg said... (4/29/09 9:12 PM) Reply
Really a nice looking dress for a special occassion. You really did a good job on it.
AnneM said... (4/25/09 8:02 PM) Reply
What a spectacular job you did on this. It is really a cute style on you, I think. When I read your 80s comment I went and looked at the picture again, and I guess I can see some 80s in it, but it certainly didn't strike me that way when I saw it. You could make this style in a silk or rayon and it would look very different, I think, since the skirt would be much softer. Great job with the grading. And that wasn't a casual grading exercise, going multiple sizes.
Heatherrique said... (4/25/09 1:44 PM) Reply
You took a retro Lennon Sisters look and made it a la Scarlet Johansson for today. LOVE it on you! Your smile is gorgeous and contagious!
maryfrana said... (4/25/09 1:29 PM) Reply
The fabric is fabulous. I love this design and you look very current and fresh in it. Yes, it would also be a great holiday dress in velvet. Beautiful job.
Secretsugar said... (4/25/09 9:14 AM) Reply
I don't get an 80's feel from this at all. I think it's very retro and fabulous on you!
Kellie R. said... (4/24/09 2:17 PM) Reply
Lovely dress! You did such a fabulous job on this!
li'l miss muffett said... (4/24/09 9:01 AM) Reply
A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E. I love the color!
Ann B. said... (4/24/09 8:26 AM) Reply
Cute and so summery. Enjoy your new dress.
Caroleleah said... (4/24/09 1:03 AM) Reply
Andrea, You do such a gorgeos job with fitting! Bravo! Perfect!!
cathy45 said... (4/23/09 11:47 PM) Reply
So adorable and gives you such a 50s hourglass figure, too.
nancy2001 said... (4/23/09 9:41 PM) Reply
Great looking vintage style.
Andreahg said... (4/23/09 8:09 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone!
Rebecca D said... (4/23/09 7:32 PM) Reply
As usual, you look fantastic. I think that dress has a very 50s vibe.
Glassgirl said... (4/23/09 6:54 PM) Reply
Love your dress. Wear it proudly! Who cares if it looks 50's or 80's. It's so pretty and suits you beautifully. I think I'll try to tackle this pattern myself. Thanks for the great review!
Meggie LuLu said... (4/23/09 5:48 PM) Reply
This dress is just BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabric you chose!! It is PERFECT!! You look very pretty in your new dress!!
cindyintampa said... (4/23/09 4:58 PM) Reply
Great fit on the dress! That dress looks like the dresses that I wore in the 1960's, back when girls were still required to wear dresses to school.
Christas said... (4/23/09 4:56 PM) Reply
This looks so great on you! The fit is fantastic!
MagpieJen said... (4/23/09 4:17 PM) Reply
Well, if it's 80s, then it's the good part of the 80s ;-) Honestly, I think it looks '50s, flirty and fun! Awesome job on grading the pattern too!
MamaSewing said... (4/23/09 4:15 PM) Reply
Wow Andrea--your dress turned out great!! I really like the color and print of the fabric you used. I too have been thinking about all those cute patterns in smaller sizes and after watching you tackle more than a few I am starting to feel like I might become brave enough to do it as well!!
graustark said... (4/23/09 3:07 PM) Reply
Your dress looks both classy and comfortable! I love the fabric ... in fact I have four yards of it in my stash. ;D
Natalie D. said... (4/23/09 3:03 PM) Reply
How gorgeous! I just love dresses and you don't see many these days. I have many vintage patterns but was afraid that, with so many in very small sizes, that grading them might be a fool's errand. After reading your review, I feel braver now. Thanks for the good review.
KathySews said... (4/23/09 2:31 PM) Reply
This looks maaaavelous. You are right on the Christmas dress, that would be smashing
nglalala said... (4/23/09 2:24 PM) Reply
Great job! It looks wonderful!
Ody said... (4/23/09 2:06 PM) Reply
Super job!!! That dress is divine! I hate to tell you how old I am, but you and I could have hung out in style in HS! The dress is great, but can you rock and roll???
Pattern Junkie said... (4/23/09 1:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! And fifteen gold stars for you for grading up the pattern so much -- was it really difficult?
ggexpansive said... (4/23/09 1:42 PM) Reply
you look great!! i love your dress and i also love the scalloped waist.
michellep74 said... (4/23/09 1:39 PM) Reply
I think it's a lovely dress, and I don't think that it looks "too 80's". The dropped waist really elongates your torso!
Riesie said... (4/23/09 1:35 PM) Reply
So cute!
Sweetiebop said... (4/23/09 1:34 PM) Reply
You look fantastic. Love your choice of fabric.

by: Jemajyng