Pattern Reviews> Studio Kat Designs> Portapockets (Portapockets)

Reviewed by:Elona

About Elonastar
United States
Posted on:4/30/09 3:30 PM
Last Updated:12/12/14 3:53 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Eunique said... (4/9/13 6:06 AM) Reply
I am experiencing all the same issues. So glad to hear the second one is easier.
Muria said... (7/30/12 3:52 PM) Reply
Thank you! I just bought two purse patterns, and I'm returning the second one. I desperately need a purse, so I'm keeping one, but the directions! Oy! It would also be great on the purses to have better line drawings, both of the interior, and what exactly is under all the flaps. It would make pattern modification (eliminating flaps, pockets, etc.) a LOT easier if I didn't have to go through the instructions to figure out which pieces I don't need.
kathy1972 said... (6/3/12 6:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed review. I had to print it and refer to it as I am working on my portapocket. Yours are great. I have started my first one. I have the first part done.....fusing the interfacing! I pinned the other parts together to see how it goes. Question? Is the zipper pocket shallow? At fist it looks like it is a large pocket but when you add the inner pocket .... well, that comes only a short distance down inside the pocket. I am confused. As I continued to pin I see that other pieces are sewn to the pocket. Does it sound like I have it correct? Looks like this will take more than 4 days to get finished! LOL I hope you receive this as I do not know how to send a PM.
JDpenelope said... (6/14/09 7:51 PM) Reply
Uh Oh! I'm also spatially challenged, and was wanting to try some Studio Kat bag patterns. You did seem to overcome the problems, and your bag is very nice. But it seems that patience is a requirement for the novice. (I include myself in that category. Thanks for the warning.)
LoriU said... (5/3/09 0:45 AM) Reply
Thank you for this very complete review. Your inserts look very professional!
Patricia from Rose Manor Farm said... (5/2/09 10:18 PM) Reply
Thanks a lot for your comments on the directions. They are a good caution to read before starting sewing.
JEF said... (5/1/09 9:19 AM) Reply
Thank you for the detailed review. Your bags came out nice and they look so useful!
Elona said... (4/30/09 11:47 PM) Reply
Patti, if you scored higher than I did on the spatial tests, you'll be fine. I think I got the lowest score ever recorded in my high school for a college prep kid.
Patti B said... (4/30/09 8:01 PM) Reply
These are very cute and useful. I think that writing instructions is a real challenge. ETA If you had problems with the directions, is there any hope for the rest of us? /grin/
Sherril Miller said... (4/30/09 6:29 PM) Reply
These purse inserts are fantastic. Yours are beautiful too.
SexiSadi said... (4/30/09 5:31 PM) Reply
I'm making my second StudioKat pattern rigth now. I love the finished product, but the instructions and pattern pieces sure are numerous. Of course, if they were not like that, they would be the same tired big 4 pattern.

Coles Creations 1

by: bconky

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern

Victory Madeleine Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

by: La Bobine