Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8151 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:willowsmum

About willowsmumstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 8/5/07
Posted on:4/27/09 10:48 AM
Last Updated:4/27/09 1:36 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
KK404 said... (7/24/11 11:35 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern for a while and have always hesitated to make if because the shirring seems so much but your pictures and comments have convinced me to give it a try - in the right fabric. Thanks so much - yours is gorgeous and you are stunning in black and gray so go with it!!
Lou05 said... (4/24/10 11:31 PM) Reply
I can't wait to try this pattern - again - now that I have read your really helpful review. Thank you so much for your explanations and good photos (yes, lightening them really does help). You've done a beautiful job and it looks great on you. Now I have to stop and read more of your reviews.
JanisC said... (4/29/09 5:49 PM) Reply
Willowsmum, your top is stunning. I love this pattern and just finished one myself. I have VERY narrow shoulders and back, so I went with the A and even though I usually do an FBA, I didn't need to with this pattern. The key to this pattern looking good, I think, is that it has to be form fitting. But even if you have a little tummy, it still looks flattering because of the shirring. I hope you will show us the gray when you are done. Thanks so much for a great review.
carolynw said... (4/28/09 9:00 AM) Reply
Wonderful review - thanks - your top fits you beautifully..
pt6356 said... (4/28/09 7:31 AM) Reply
thanks for the detailed review....this pattern is sitting on my table ready to go! yours is lovely, and I can't wait to see one on you in a bright jewel-tone color!
Margie T said... (4/28/09 4:24 AM) Reply
Congratulations on a great looking top.
Athene said... (4/27/09 11:36 PM) Reply
A very flattering top - thank you for all the great pictures.
Christas said... (4/27/09 8:37 PM) Reply
Your adjustments to the patterns seem to have made a perfect fitting top. This looks very nice on you!
carnelian said... (4/27/09 2:16 PM) Reply
Chic and flattering! Thanks for your helpful thoughts about the FBA issue.
sewing for fun said... (4/27/09 1:21 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the detail for a 36G - I am a similar size and have many troubles with crossover tops & getting them to fall in the correct place and not right smack in the middle of the bust apex, as well as having the girls too exposed. I am, however, concerned that the shoulders will be far too big if I start with a size F. The shoulders in the size C of other Betzina patterns fit me well, but required a major FBA.
JudiBee2 said... (4/27/09 12:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to prepare such a detailed review. It is surprising that you did not need the FBA, and I wonder how you knew not to do so.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117