Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2812 (Misses Lined Coat and Jacket P)

Reviewed by:Slyvchan

About Slyvchanstar
MI USA
Member since: 8/7/08
Posted on:5/12/09 9:55 AM
Last Updated:5/16/09 10:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
Silknmore said... (12/30/10 9:19 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat and it fits so well. I just posted a review for a similar fabric and saw your lovely coat posted. Congratulations.
Kellie R. said... (5/18/09 10:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful and so flattering. I love the color, it's so pretty and fresh!
moonchild61 said... (5/17/09 5:04 PM) Reply
Just stunning! What a beautiful color!
michellep74 said... (5/17/09 2:18 AM) Reply
Gorgeous coat!
Slyvchan said... (5/16/09 10:45 PM) Reply
Aww, thank you, all! I've added a quick link to the review, in case you didn't see the back and such.
homejewel said... (5/16/09 9:06 PM) Reply
That is a beautiful coat! You did such a nice job on it. I like it so much, the pattern is now on my wishlist!
renren said... (5/16/09 9:03 PM) Reply
Oh, my goodness, this is gorgeous--the seaming, the color, the texture, the collar, the buttons/buttonholes. You've done a wonderful job here and I hope you enjoy wearing this beautiful coat for many years!
Lori V said... (5/16/09 5:34 PM) Reply
Incredible coat, this is very pretty.
Meggie LuLu said... (5/16/09 4:57 PM) Reply
WOW!! Your coat looks AWESOME!! You did such a nice job on it!! It is PERFECT in every way!! What COOL fabric?!!
Slyvchan said... (5/12/09 3:33 PM) Reply
I'll put up photos very soon. Once I get it back from my teacher I should be able to coax my dad into playing photographer. And yes, bagging sounds about right. I read about that in another review, but I didn't know what it was. I would have tried other interfacing, but I was on a time crunch and I couldn't easily get to Jo-Ann's.
EleanorSews said... (5/12/09 10:49 AM) Reply
Wish you could post a photo of your finished coat. Sounds quite nice. Sounds as if you "bagged" the lining which is a nice technique to learn. Also, next time around you might want to experiment with different weights of interfacing rather than remove something that is too stiff and used nothing at all. Just something to think about since interfacing can be instrumental in maintaining shape and supporting the garment.

by: awesomepot...