Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 142927-1000 (summer dress)

Reviewed by:Saya

About Sayastar
NETHERLANDS
Member since: 7/18/08
Posted on:6/15/09 3:59 PM
Last Updated:6/29/09 2:49 PM

Saya said... (7/6/09 6:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tip, I totally forgot about the main picture! And yes, I'm very happy with my dress. Even more than with my others, because now when someone I know well gives me a compliment I can proudly say 'thanks, my own design' and look very happy.
AnneM said... (7/2/09 8:56 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your dress! That came out so nicely. I like the back view with the print inserted as godets into the solid fabric. You must be very pleased with how it came out. (You might want to update your main review picture; it is going to one of the interim pictures instead of the final project.)
Nancywin said... (6/23/09 11:55 PM) Reply
wow! What a lot of work you have put into this. And you can be totally pleased knowing you did everything yourself. The fit looks great also. Nice work.
Kayseri said... (6/23/09 10:59 PM) Reply
Your finished dress looks great, well done.
morzel said... (5/19/09 2:34 AM) Reply
As you almost entirely put the waist dart into the sidefront piece, it is only natural that the side front sewing line is longer than the front sewing line. Too much difference results in pulling though! So you could try to even out the "dart" a little. I am looking forward to watching your progress on this! It is going to be a nice little dressy dress on you!
Passion4Sewing said... (5/14/09 7:31 AM) Reply
Can't wait to see finished dress. That fabric is SOOO pretty!
Saya said... (5/13/09 2:55 PM) Reply
Yes, it was godets I meant :D Someone already mentioned them, but I've been in a bit of a lack of time and internet since. Also finally added some pictures :D
brocadegoddess said... (5/12/09 10:21 AM) Reply
I'm really looking forward to seeing this fabric and what you've done with it! By "points/wedges/thingies" and what your sketch looks like it sounds as though you mean godets - is this right?
Luckylibbet said... (5/3/09 2:12 PM) Reply
Sounds intriguing! Don't forget to add your review to the contest -
creative1 said... (5/3/09 4:17 AM) Reply
Sound very interesting! Can't wait for the final result.Thanks for sharing.

by: gabc

by: EmeraldEri...

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Jackets for Real People DVD