Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8379 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:marisa.james

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:5/3/09 9:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Secretsugar said... (5/6/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! This dress looks fabulous on you. I still haven't made it either, but it's on my list!
nglalala said... (5/4/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Great dress! It fits wonderfully!
homejewel said... (5/4/09 11:18 AM) Reply
Marisa - That is exactly where I got my giraffe print. In fact, it, along with a number of other knits, was wrapped in plastic in an unattended shopping cart and I had to ask a sales clerk if I could buy some of it. I also found some at Mill End on McLoughlin, but a bit darker.
Kemish said... (5/4/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful - great job. I agree with your comments about the fabric. I cringe thinking about sewing rayon (since is slps and slides) but ultimately, you get a wonderful outfit so in the end it is all worth it.
eugenia123 said... (5/4/09 4:53 AM) Reply
You're definitely not the last to make this dress - I'm just completing mine! Yours looks absolutely fabulous - I love your fabric choice and the dress really suits you.
marisa.james said... (5/3/09 11:11 PM) Reply
I got the fabric at Fabric Depot here in Portland, Oregon. I had looked online for a giraffe print, but couldn't find one, and I just happened upon this at the fabric store yesterday!
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/3/09 10:29 PM) Reply
Oh my! Gorgeous dress!! Now, tell me please, where did you get the giraffe fabric? Giraffes are one of my favorite animals!
Lety said... (5/3/09 10:28 PM) Reply
Love the dress, I have the pattern, but haven't tried it yet, so you are the last one until I make it, love the fabric, is it available online?
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/3/09 10:05 PM) Reply
No,you'll be second last! I am making this dress as my next project. I luuurve your fabric and your dress looks really great!
homejewel said... (5/3/09 10:04 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I haven't yet made this pattern, yet it's in my mental list. I'm pretty sure that is the same fabric I just bought a couple weeks ago and made a skirt/top. I still need to upload the review. Isn't that fabric great?

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Sew House Seven Rose City Halter Dress Paper Pattern