Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8379 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:marisa.james

Hall of Fame 2009
Posted on:5/3/09 9:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Secretsugar said... (5/6/09 9:37 AM) Reply
Beautiful job! This dress looks fabulous on you. I still haven't made it either, but it's on my list!
nglalala said... (5/4/09 11:20 AM) Reply
Great dress! It fits wonderfully!
homejewel said... (5/4/09 11:18 AM) Reply
Marisa - That is exactly where I got my giraffe print. In fact, it, along with a number of other knits, was wrapped in plastic in an unattended shopping cart and I had to ask a sales clerk if I could buy some of it. I also found some at Mill End on McLoughlin, but a bit darker.
Kemish said... (5/4/09 9:54 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful - great job. I agree with your comments about the fabric. I cringe thinking about sewing rayon (since is slps and slides) but ultimately, you get a wonderful outfit so in the end it is all worth it.
eugenia123 said... (5/4/09 4:53 AM) Reply
You're definitely not the last to make this dress - I'm just completing mine! Yours looks absolutely fabulous - I love your fabric choice and the dress really suits you.
marisa.james said... (5/3/09 11:11 PM) Reply
I got the fabric at Fabric Depot here in Portland, Oregon. I had looked online for a giraffe print, but couldn't find one, and I just happened upon this at the fabric store yesterday!
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/3/09 10:29 PM) Reply
Oh my! Gorgeous dress!! Now, tell me please, where did you get the giraffe fabric? Giraffes are one of my favorite animals!
Lety said... (5/3/09 10:28 PM) Reply
Love the dress, I have the pattern, but haven't tried it yet, so you are the last one until I make it, love the fabric, is it available online?
QuiltSewSewSue said... (5/3/09 10:05 PM) Reply
No,you'll be second last! I am making this dress as my next project. I luuurve your fabric and your dress looks really great!
homejewel said... (5/3/09 10:04 PM) Reply
The dress looks great on you. I haven't yet made this pattern, yet it's in my mental list. I'm pretty sure that is the same fabric I just bought a couple weeks ago and made a skirt/top. I still need to upload the review. Isn't that fabric great?

Understanding Knit Fabrics