Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8548

Member since: 7/30/03
Posted on:12/6/03 10:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

yummymummy38 said... (6/6/06 10:12 AM) Reply
lovely job on the shirt, especially view B. I have made B in black and white stripes and could not get the chevron effect due to the stripes not meeting in the centre, so I added black bias binding to the front edge and cuffs (normal not Frenched) I get alot of favourable comments when I wear it. However found the collar was not straightforward, the collar and band did not seem the right size for each other, anyone else notice this?
jacalhoun said... (2/13/06 11:53 AM) Reply
I just got this pattern in a lot of Burdas i won on ebay. I wasn't too excited about this view on the envelope (I think the necktie detracts from it), but I LOVE your shirt, and I will definitely have to give it a go!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (3/27/05 12:20 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review! I wanted a basic fitted shirt pattern and when I saw this I thought it would fit the bill. Your's looks great. I love the bias front and the larger cuffs.
Pam Z said... (12/7/03 9:19 PM) Reply
Love your shirt. Great RTW look & nice fabric choice too.
Chimene said... (12/7/03 9:01 PM) Reply
Great top!It looks fabulous! I am inspired to add this pattern to my growing stash. Informative review.
Lizzy said... (12/7/03 7:49 PM) Reply
Your shirt is great and your little boy is adorable.
drsue said... (12/7/03 6:23 PM) Reply
fabulous job. Can't believe you never made a shirt like this before.
Danvillegirl said... (12/7/03 4:11 PM) Reply
Excellent first job on your review and what a great shirt. I am truly impressed. Impressed enough that I might add this pattern to my wish list.
Hilary said... (12/7/03 2:21 PM) Reply
Its hard to believe you've never sewn a shirt like this before! You did a beautiful job, I think I'll have to add this to my wish list also! Thanks for the review(I like the bias cut too!)
Diane E said... (12/7/03 10:29 AM) Reply
Eodwif, what a wonderful shirt and darling child, too. Thanks for writing the review and I hope you write many more! I love the bias cut - makes the fabric interesting and you did a great job of lining up the chevron.
eodwif said... (12/7/03 9:50 AM) Reply
Thank you all for such supportive comments! I am so excited to be a part of this community and your response has been even more exciting. Thanks everyone!
eodwif said... (12/7/03 9:49 AM) Reply
CatherineN, yes it is cut on the bias. :)
SouthernStitch said... (12/7/03 8:28 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks so good! I love these type shirts, and plan to make some soon. I found some opaque stretch shirting in NYC at B and J, as well as other just scrumptous shirtitngs I am still lusting after!
BorderCollieMom said... (12/7/03 7:58 AM) Reply
Great job! This pattern is in my stash..gee, what have I been missing?!
JDpenelope said... (12/7/03 7:55 AM) Reply
You figured it all out really well! Looks so good--on you AND your friend. Nice details.
jlg said... (12/7/03 7:49 AM) Reply
Very pretty and becoming shirt. I like the fabric choice. Congrats on your first review.
eleda said... (12/7/03 7:01 AM) Reply
eodwif, your shirt is very stylish and it fits great. I'm going to have to buy this pattern.
CarolynGM said... (12/7/03 4:37 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt, Eodwif. I made a similar Burda pattern a few months ago that I just love. Like you, I found that the sizing ran large. And like you, I had to read the instructions several times to comprehend: some of the techniques were a little out of the ordinary. Love the way you did the front!
Asa Hagstrom said... (12/7/03 3:50 AM) Reply
What a cute kid! And nice shirt too :)
CatherineN said... (12/7/03 0:48 AM) Reply
An attractive shirt you have made. It looks good on you. Is the front cut on the bias?
Chandra said... (12/6/03 10:28 PM) Reply
The shirt fits great! I can't wait until I am skilled enough to make one like that...
Deepika said... (12/6/03 10:09 PM) Reply
eodwif, Congratulations on your first review. You don't know what you got yourself into ;-) Before you know it, you'll be writing your 100th review soon ;-) Its very addictive. I love your shirt! When I saw that photo I couldn't believe how well it fits you. And thanks for such a helpful review also. I must add this pattern to my evergrowing wish list :) Thanks!

Primrose Lane Primrose Lane Miranda