Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8249 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:lbrundage

About lbrundagestarstar
NY USA
Member since: 5/1/09
Posted on:5/5/09 1:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Sew4Fun said... (11/28/11 7:23 PM) Reply
Fabulous tunic and I love it so much more with your modesty ruffle and sequins. To me these two details make this top very special. Meant to be. :)
lady lace said... (9/14/09 7:17 PM) Reply
What a nice top ! I had to run out and buy this pattern. I would never have chosen it from the drawings on the envelope. Thanks for the review.
katie lynne said... (6/8/09 10:45 PM) Reply
Groovy! Thanks for the idea to "save" the revealing neckline. Nice job and cool fabric. You look Great.
amy in mpls said... (5/6/09 5:08 PM) Reply
So So Cute!!! Love the sequins and the fabric...
Sharon1952 said... (5/6/09 11:01 AM) Reply
Great neckline! What are they thinking with that deep a plunge - it let's out most of us over 25! I loe your fabric.
Kellie R. said... (5/6/09 10:04 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
zora said... (5/6/09 9:56 AM) Reply
I love your fabric!
Secretsugar said... (5/6/09 9:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! I have this exact same fabric on my Gorgeous Fabrics wishlist--how nice to see it made up in a very wearable project!
Modiste Madness said... (5/6/09 8:25 AM) Reply
Great match between pattern and fabric - good neckline save.
craftygamma said... (5/6/09 7:22 AM) Reply
Great neckline save! I wish pattern makers would catch on to the fact that most women aren't into showing off the girls to all onlookers and stop making such low necklines. Or at least have a built in pattern alteration for different levels of modesty. So far I have not read a single review that says, "I love the plunging neckline".
Sweetiebop said... (5/5/09 11:25 PM) Reply
Love the top. But I don't know what is cuter the top or the pose. Good job. LOL.
Raye Ann said... (5/5/09 11:12 PM) Reply
oh, i love yours! i am trying to finish this pattern right now- the sleeveless version. having some trouble... (posted on the pattern woes message board a couple of days ago begging for help:0 hope that i can modify mine and make something as flattering as yours! great job!
shesflipped said... (5/5/09 5:17 PM) Reply
Love this! Perfect combo of pattern and fabric. Very Boho-hippy-chic!
Christas said... (5/5/09 5:16 PM) Reply
Perfect tunic! The fabric is soooo pretty for this style.
mahalosu said... (5/5/09 4:53 PM) Reply
I love your top! What size did you make, and did you find the pattern running big or small?
ButtonFaith said... (5/5/09 4:45 PM) Reply
adorable! I LOVE the fabric(and also your pose ;-)
homejewel said... (5/5/09 3:24 PM) Reply
Ok, first, the fabric is so yummy, I seriously need that fabric. Great choice. The attitude makes this picture. I never would have looked at it before. You should be on the cover of the pattern! Nice job.
wineyjudy said... (5/5/09 3:22 PM) Reply
Very cute tunic! I love the fabric....it suits the top perfect. Your picture pose is great, it grabbed my attention!
EleanorSews said... (5/5/09 2:33 PM) Reply
Very pretty summery tunic and great idea for the neckline save.
USMCMom said... (5/5/09 2:28 PM) Reply
Good save on the neckline! I wonder if it would be possible to just wear a cami underneath, or is the neckline sooo low even that would give out TMI? And I love that fabric!
Izzie said... (5/5/09 2:09 PM) Reply
Nice! It reminds me of the garments in Soft Surroundings Catalog. I like the necklace with it too.
Elemenopeo said... (5/5/09 2:01 PM) Reply